Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy wants to get rid of his 1979 yamaha 340 enticer.  Electric start works, hand warmers, stored indoors, I had it running 2 years ago.  Assuming it still runs, track is average, and that the sled needs very minor cleanup and or mechanical work, what would you pay for this sled?  Not sure on miles, probably less than 2,500.  He knows very little of sleds and he states he doesn't have a clue of its value (trust me, he doesn't).  I don't want to rip him off because he is a family relative.  What would be a fair asking price?  

Also, does anyone have any knowledge of this sled?  I am looking for pictures, specs, was it a reliable sled?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have 1 of those i talked to a freind it is a great machine they used to cut trails in the biginning of the season he said you can't get them stuck very easy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he sold me the sled for $200.  WOW, you wouldn't believe the shape this thing is in.  Original seat, soft as a babys butt, not a single crack or tear in it.  Original track, not a single crack in it, lugs have very little wear.  Some minor rust under the hood along with a lot of grime.  I can tell this is going to be a reliable sled, CDI, oil injection, mikuni NON diapghram carb.  Stored indoors every year, just never cleaned.  I can't wait to get her on the snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts