Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to keep them from fogging up? i tried steer klear i'm pretty sure thats what its called but it didn't work. what do you guys use?

·
Registered
328 Posts
What do you wear for goggles? Do you have double lenses that are vented? Do your goggles seal around your face properly and do they fit in the helmet you wear properly? I use smith pro-vue and never have had problems. I like my goggles alot because I can snap on different color lenses for diff conditions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use smith warp warp goggles. there a single lens and there vented

they weren't cheap either. if there not tight to my face they will fog up?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
YOU HAVE TO HAVE DOUBLE LENSE OR THEY WONT WORK. HAVE BEEN USING OPEN FACE FOR A COUPLE YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

·
Registered
94 Posts
I switch to the HJC snocross hetemet with Scott Turbo flow and didn't have a problem with foggingup. :hallo1:

·
Registered
959 Posts
they make thsi stuff called " purple stuff" and its a cleaner and anti- fogger it works real good but ger a pair of double lens googles first ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I used to ride with my old MX helmet. Never again! Not fun at -25!!! Granted it was a full out Motocross helmet & goggles. I'm sure the sno-x helmets are setup much better.

Anyway, my goggles never fogged up. They were Scott MX goggles that I bought, wow, must've been 10 years ago. LOL time flys!!

Anyway, here's the trick. As soon as you stop, rip them off. Then don't put them back on until you start to move again. Never had a problem.

But I'm happy with my Full face helmet, & heated visor - I'll never go back now! :p

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT800@Nov 19 2002, 11:24 PM
I used to ride with my old MX helmet. Never again! Not fun at -25!!! Granted it was a full out Motocross helmet & goggles. I'm sure the sno-x helmets are setup much better.
Did you wear anything else with the goggles and MX helmet? I wore a full-faced helmet last year, but am switching to MX for this year. I am going to wear a No0Fog w/headband and/or a balaclava with it though. Otherwise, with just the goggles, I will have much exposed skin.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Duct tape over your nose. Other than that, just a neck warmer & a cheap thin open face balaclava from CTC. As I said, it was my MX helmet, so not much room in there for winter layers.

It worked very well. I just find the full face to be more practical. But you gotta do what works best for you!! :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I like the wider view that an MX helmet offers. I haven't entirely ruled out a full-face helmet, but I am probably going to give the MX helmet a try this year. I can always go back if it's too cold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts