Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
  What is the best way to load sleds on a two place tilt trailer?  I just put snow on the trailer, picked up speed then ran up.  Is there a better way?

Bill

·
Registered
158 Posts
The best thing you can do is to get a set of ski guides for each side of your trailer,this will stop your carbides from digging into the deck and make for easy on easy off loading.
Also if you can get an old track,cut it in half and put it on each side for traction and to keep your studs from digging up the decking.They also sell track mats and other products for this.Hope this helps answer your question.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
the track idea is a good one I put some on mine. rcpilot1, you have get the right momentum to go up the trailer without slamming into the front, or not enough and getting half way it takes a bit to get used to, pratice makes perfect

·
Registered
307 Posts
What i have used in the past is plastic wwod for ski guides,  but the heat will stretch it therefore it looks like @#[email protected]  I have also used cedar 2"x4" and cut a "v" notch down the middle that works really good.  As far as the track i found that using used conveyor belt works the best(you can fing it at any gravel pit), or if your a farmer how about some old round baller belting.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you look at the bottom of the page, website, www.paddlegrabber.com or Pence website, you will see the paddlegrabbers, and ski-guides.  I have tried just about every type out there, and believe when I say this is the best system I have purchased.   Well worth the investment.  With the Paddlegrabber system you will save your hard earned money by not replacing the treated wood for your trailer.  5/8" treated plywood in my area is $38.00 for a 4'x8' sheet x 3 = $114.00.  You will get your investment back the first year or two.   Call and ask for Dan.  (418) 920-0124.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sure, drive up the trailer. It is easier to load the second sled if the first one is only put 3/4 the way on or so.

If you do not have slides, you will need a little more speed but keep your fingers on the Brake.

Unloading without slides is a pain, I just push up on the skis from the front.

The Easiest way is alway work as a team, 2 people can do more than one.

As for the Ski Guides and the Traction Devices, they are the best and safest way. Try this site  http:\\[url]www.toesters.com  Toesters has trailer accessories.[/url]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just put reverse on your sled - makes it way easier!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got an old track and screwed it down where the sled track will be.  Then I got an old truck bed liner from a junkyard and cut it into strips and srewed them down.  Works great and the most expensive thing was the stainless screws.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I dont think that throwing snow on the trailer is necessary. That can make the experience worse. Reverse is good. Everybody talks about ski guides but I dont have a particular need for them. The paddlegrabbers work very well. Just make sure you dont jump it over the trailer I have seen that done. I saw a couple of guys make a jump in a parking lot one night outta of a tilt bed trailer. They were jumping there buddys truck bed. Nice right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go to your local junk yard get a bedliner(long bed) cut into 7" wide strips with a center grove. Can do two trailers for about $20.00, plus the old track works great. PS. use a skillsaw for the cutting, put the blade on backwards less chipping and black dust.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
When I have to load my sled solo,I put a boat anchor at the back of the deck to keep it down.I bought the ski guides and traction mats from the snow show for 130$.Now if I could just buy an enclosed 4 place with drive on/off capabilities.It aint in the budget.Oh no,I sound like a redneck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mxz7... Trailer dealers sell easy lift kits to help hold the deck up. They are just two shocks, again you can get these from your local junk yard, rear hatch back shocks approx. $5.00 bucks a pair.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Well worth the money, however you rig up the power lift.  Mine are springs we bought from the dealer $50CAN, can put both sleds on, and its still tipped up.  A little push on the front, and down it goes.
Combined with the ski guides and trac mats, its slick as (well you know).  I bought the ski guides, but the truck bedliner tip is a good one.

FishHog

1 - 17 of 17 Posts