Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i cannot remove my rear suspension cuz when i try to losen bolts that attach the rear pro action system to the frame, i can only remove one Bolt. If i try to remove the other bolt, the Shaft turn. My idea was to use grip to jam the shaft but its impossible cuz the shaft is protected. I hope you see what i mean . HOw i remove these bolts?
?

·
Registered
731 Posts
It should come out if you put the other bolt back in and tighten it up and loosen the other side. If not, I would use a longer bolt on the side you have out, put a nut on it first, thred it back in the shaft till it bottoms (not hard) then tighten the nut on the tunnel, that way you can loosen the nut and it should come out no problem..

·
Registered
259 Posts
I usually loosen one side and run the bolt in and out to clean the threads, then I tighten it and repeat on the other side. Sometimes the lock tight builds up and causes the sleeve to stick which is partially why the sleave turns with the bolt. Once I have done this snug one side and loosen the other. You will have to have someone hold (or prop a wrench) the other side while you loosen. Once you get one side out the other should come out with ease now that the threads are clean. Another problem you might encounter is when you re-install the center cross shaft things might not line up the way they should. You will have to back out on the coupling to give  more room to line it all up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I normally loosen one side a little maybe one turn. then use a impact wrench to try to loosen the other side.  if it dosen't come then I retighten the first side fairlly tight. then try to loosenthe other side again if it comes only loosen it a little intill you get the other one loose.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
IMPACT WRENCH

Those things solve all yoru problems...man did I fight with my suspension till I got hold of one of those....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts