Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It didn't work...I got a message saying the file was too big.  It was just a pic I took of my two boys.  What do I do to make it fit?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
you need an image optimizer program. Send it to me if you don't have one and I can set it up for you.
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
What kind of scanner are you using? On my HP you can set up the scan using 256 colours web palette not true colour. Also, under Tools, click on Resize & change to 50%

Those 2 steps will really reduce the file size.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a Visioneer 7600....don't have a TOOL option in my toolbar...will read the manual I guess  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not what I expected  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Jim...that's not right. If all you need is a smaller file, I can do that for you...no charge  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks R-man, I will get back to you this weekend...long day at work today, and then work tomorrow.  But I'll need to learn to do it myself so I can post a pic whenever I want, and not have to bother you every time.
Jim

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Sure thing. I'll show you what program to use. Its a free download anyway  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally figured it out...my neighbor pointed out that I needed to save it as JPG file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yipppeeeeeeee!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LOL..there you go. Nice work.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for the help!  You'll probably get tired of my pics for a while, but I have to make up for lost time.  

Also, if anyone else has a Visioneer scanner, the option to reduce the size of the file is under the EDIT tab in the toolbar, then PREFERENCES, then EXPORT...thanks again REVRND, that did the trick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts