Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how the long track sleds doo in the trails (like upper mi. and u.p.) are they slower od top end and accel? they've got to smooth out the chatter and the small washboard stuff and can i doo this to my 600 mxz?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Welcome aboard H20. My renegade(136") rails around the corners just as good if not better than a 121". It also bridges the bumps made by the 121's. Yes you can doo this to your 600. One of our members is going to be selling his new 03 sc10-111 from a gade. It is 136". The other option is slide rail extensions from bombi. IMHO a one piece skid is stronger than a bolt on extension kit, but Panteraone and his buddies have beaten their's
hard with no problems.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
permafrost how come your buddy selling his sc10-3 136?whats he going to put instead?h20 that suspension would be good for you to buy,just sell your old one,i also find that the 136 if far better on the trails than a 121,the renegade has been a huge hit for skidoo,and many people are making there own,i would have bought a renegade but in 01 they didnt have one,so i had to make one :p

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
He is going to replace the sc10-III with an expert-X from AD boivin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
H20,once you get use to a 136" you will find a121" feels out of control.I am not sure what panteraone ment, but I have a 01' renegade.And if any thing I will go
with a 141" or 144" next time.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
the summit had the renegade sticker on it?(i think)....i didnt want a summit,i wanted a 136 1.25 with the wide stance and the straight handlebars,skidoo made what i wanted in 2002 but not in 2001,so you have a summit not a renegade

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pantera one, I have a 01' Renegade which has a 42.5 stance and 136 sc-10 II and all that stuff.It was a limited build.I dont think any of them made it up to Mikey's,so you might not have seen one.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
cold seize you are correct they did have a late release in feb called a summit renegade.....those late releases always get me :D :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
welcome to the board fellow renegader.
The 01 renegade was more like a mxz than a summit. They didnt know what sled class to group it with. Other than a non adjustable ski stance(42.5"). It is almost identicle to an 02 gade.. One thing though my 02 800 gade did not have the amazing straight bars that my 01 mxzx 800 did.The 01 gade has an sc10-2 not a sc10 mountain. presicion skiis,RER were available 02 only.

I agree H20 a 121" feels like an out of control squirrel machine to me now, just too short of a wheelbase with the long travel suspensions these days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. gonna doooit. 141 sounds and looks cool. does doo make 141" rails for scii? on that oem parts finder page rails run about $160 ea. would i have to relocate the rear skid further back on the tunnel?how about renegade rails (136") moved back 2" on the tunnel for a 141" track? any thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts