Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to be honest in that my wife and I have talked about moving to Canada and wondered if any Americans have done this and if so, just how difficult was it.

Richard
Florida Snowmobiler

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Immigrants must obtain a visa from the Canadian Visa Office and fill out an application for permanent residence from the Consulate General of Canada. Applications take an average of 25 months to process. Bush dodgers arriving in Canada must also provide a valid passport, two copies of a detailed list of all personal items brought into the country and two copies of a list of all items on the way, and proof of enough funds to cover expenses for the first six months. For more information, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site.

Canadian Visa Office:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/offices/index.asp

Consulate General of Canada:
http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buff.../default-en.asp

BUT...... there's also the other option of buying a house/cottage/camp here in Canada. I believe if you own property here, you can stay for up to 6 mths of the year without being a Canadian Citizen. We have alot of Americans from MI who buy camps up here in northern ontario.
Oh..... and as far as the 25 mths goes.... you can probably get a temporary work visa to cover most of that time..... that is if you'll be working.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If you're involved in the trades in any way it's pretty easy. We are always looking for more and it makes the whole process simpler and faster.

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're involved in the trades in any way it's pretty easy. We are always looking for more and it makes the whole process simpler and faster.[/b]
Great news and thabnks for the direct links. Who knows, I may do this and make the move to Canada, eh!

Richard

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you make trips up north with your sled?[/b]
Yes I do. This is only the third winter to do so but we will be in Michigan sometime in January and/or February. I bought a new 2007 Arctic Cat Z570LX last February after deciding to not rent one and could not be happier for it.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The door is always welcome to fellow sledders...stop off at the duty free shop for me too...I'll give you a list...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts