Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I was there today & I thought the show was awesome. But I always think that. It seemed a little smaller & not as busy as previous years. Awesome deals on Ski Doo clothing at the Ski Doo, Can Am booth in hall 1 at the frt entrance. I picked up a Ski Doo leather jacket was $500 paid $99 & a spring jacket was $149 paid $29. :D Can't beat those prices w00t w00t The outdoor events were great. They had the freestyle, 120 races, pit bike races & qaud races. They built an awesome track this year, threw in some logs, hills, tires, cars & some jumps.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is some pics of custom sleds. One is a 98 Mxz that is in OSM & a member of Dootalk. I liked this sled because you don't see to many older custom sleds :D[/b]
I I was a little disapointed some good deals on skidoo jackets but thats it not many new models to see just a lot of the same old tired stuff.Two shows back to back maybe not such a great idea.Thought the sled manufactures did a beter job of showcasing there machines at the first show i dont think i even saw a single Polaris this time that said i really fell in love with the Articats.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I I was a little disapointed some good deals on skidoo jackets but thats it not many new models to see just a lot of the same old tired stuff.Two shows back to back maybe not such a great idea.Thought the sled manufactures did a beter job of showcasing there machines at the first show i dont think i even saw a single Polaris this time that said i really fell in love with the Articats.[/b]

You're kidding right? This issue has been discussed adnauseum on this and most other sledding forums.
The OSM show hasn't had manufacturers there for years.
Just a few dealers bringing in what ever stock they had.
The Kehoes (OSM) always charged the 4 manufacturers way more than what other exhibitors were paying. Thus they quit going. Sledders rightfully complained about the content of the show and the OFSC addressed those complaints. That's one of the reasons the OFSC Go Snowmobiling Show was created. The show was a great success from the OFSC and manufacturer's perspective. They will continue to put on the show. Since the OSM show is a prime source of income for the Kehoes, I'm sure they will continue to put on their show. People will simply have to choose which show, if not both, they want to attend.

The OSM show has been around for 20 years now. It'll run it's course as will the OFSC show.
I will say that I heard that several of the exhibitors have said that they will not be at the OSM show next year. I feel there is room for 2 shows in Toronto. I'm sure there's enough people willing to pay to attend either or both. It's up to the show organizers to decide how much money they want to make on them and if it's a profitable venue for them.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
i liked it, saw a good little spill in the freestyle, caught a tshirt they threw into the stands. saw the new rev xp's and some sweet drag sleds.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Jeff, I think if you were to compare the ages of the folks that prefer 1 show over the other, you'll find a age split. People over a certain age, have no interest in the freestyle stuff, custom & drag sleds. That being said, I've been going to the oval races since '81 & the sno x since they started @ Horseshoe back when they held a pre-Christmas race.

The folks that went to the Go Snowmobiling show are probably more touring oriented that speed enthusiasts. Mind you there were people that went to the OSM show because Royal was there.

My brother & I went to Royal after the OFSC show & got our stuff tax free rather than getting a gift card which probably has a expiry date or is that illegal in Ontario now?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
illegal to have expiry date

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I know that if you purchase a gift card that it's illegal to have an expiry date.
However, this is simply presented as a bonus to purchase from them at the show.
Nobody purchased this card and that's specifically what the legislation refers to.
It would be in Royal's best interest to not have the cards expire if they plan to do this again next year. Sounds like they were getting tired of the traditional "No Tax" discount where your purchase was discounted the tax amount. Now they have you coming back to purchase more from them. Statistics show that consumers often never use the discount coupon or card in this case. However, if they do, they usually spend more money then the amount the card is for. Good marketing strategy. LOL

So what were other retailers offering at the OSM show?
Did most but never all offer "No Tax?"
I'm just curious as most retailers were usually pressured by consumers to compete with Royal's practice if they didn't want to take all of their goods back home with them.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Now they have you coming back to purchase more from them. Statistics show that consumers often never use the discount coupon or card in this case.[/b]
Usually when I make my fall purchase from Royal, that's it for the season. I think RevIAm mentioned (& I agree) he'd rather have the money (savings) up front than later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts