Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read something in the Ski-doo forum about the new REV and it made me think.  I do most of my riding on groomed trails and fresh snow under 1', but I do take a trip to Northern Ontario each year for 10 days where I may encounter several feet of fresh powder.  My previous sled was a ZRT 600 and it handled both the trails and the deeper powder pretty well in my opinion.  So my question is this "How do you think the new Sno-Pro and REV will fair in several feet of powder?"  I will be ordering a new sled this spring and was considering one of the latest and gratest ditch bangers, but remembered that I also have the need for something that is capable of floating in some power.  The reason that I question the new sleds is that with the "centralized mass" idea with the rider forward and the engine back, they are reducing the size of the belly pans up front.  I think that is the main reason that the new Snow-Pro and REV look weird to me.  Any opinions?  I'm sure you guys do!  You know what they say opinions are like....

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can't see them being a problem.  You may have to compensate & shift your weight around more.  With centralized mass I would think the front end would be lighter, therefore easier to float through the deep stuff.

I'm really curious to see how the Sno Pro would work in the deep stuff with the narrow track.  I don't think we'll see the narrow track on consumer sleds just yet, but when it comes, it'll be interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts