Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if these HPGVR's are going to cut it?  They were in the legend last year.   Are they adjustable by a switch?  I hear it will be better for riders who weigh 155lbs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think the new Hpgvr will work better  then the Hpg shocks that came last yr. In any case I have a C46 rear shock for my new REV because I know the new Hpg shock will not work for the way I ride. If you ride vary hard I think you will find that the new shock will be to soft.. Well that is my cent and 1/2  

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no I was afraid of that  

.  I hope they work better than the ones in a 02 800 legend I drove last year.  They were mush and did NOT impress me.  I am 6' 200lbs and need aggressive shocks as well for my riding style.  I just started thinking about this the other day and its been bugging me ever since.  Why would they put super plush shocks in a Renegade?  I hope they have made adjustments to the original VR valving. I will have to wait and ride it to see.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Sep 27 2002, 08:25 PM
Oh no I was afraid of that  :(  :angry: .  I hope they work better than the ones in a 02 800 legend I drove last year.  They were mush and did NOT impress me.  I am 6' 200lbs and need aggressive shocks as well for my riding style.  I just started thinking about this the other day and its been bugging me ever since.  Why would they put super plush shocks in a Renegade?  I hope they have made adjustments to the original VR valving. I will have to wait and ride it to see.
If you dont like the ride(I know you wont same size and ride like me = to soft) you get from the HPG-VR I can get you a C-46 RND shock. But I need to know soon. Think it is about 300.00. I will make sure it will fit on a gade. It should. If you know anyone looking for a new Hpgvr shock and 2 new front shocks from a rev I have them..LOL :devil:

·
Registered
310 Posts
permafrost, like muskoka.doo said you can get the C46 shock, or get a Ryde Fx or Ohlins shocks, that will give you adjustability.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I remember someone saying that the c-46 wont fit the 136" skid in the gade. The shock is longer than the c-46 in my 01 800mxzx.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Unless Skidoo made a new C46, it WILL NOT fit in a renegade skid.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Sep 30 2002, 04:28 AM
I think I remember someone saying that the c-46 wont fit the 136" skid in the gade. The shock is longer than the c-46 in my 01 800mxzx.
Permafrost face it you are to much rider for the gade :doh:
You will have to trade with the Lady. :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Muskoka Doo LadyK is on my 02 800 Gade this year. We traded her 02 mxz 700 for a new 03 800 gade for me. :D It is at the dealer waiting for me to peel it out of the crate. If the Hpg Vr's dont cut it,

1) I will be voicing my concerns to the dealer and bombadier

2) If that fails I will be purchasing aftermarket shocks ???

·
Registered
278 Posts
You got it covered :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts