Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am going to purchase a lift for my sled...the kind you slide under the sled and crank it from the front to raise the sled off the ground.  Want to stay away from a bad brand.  Do you have any good or bad experience with these?  Looks like I should be able to buy one for around $150-175.00.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have an "Easy-Lift" (same as a "Mar-Lift")  I like it.  They aren't hydraulic though, hand winch operated.  Lifts my 600 pound beast easily & is very stable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had a Rec-Lift for about 5 years and it is fantastic. It is not hydraulic but the crank easily lifts and lowers the sled. I also got the wheel kit and would highly recommend them if they are not standard. Lifts not only are great for storage but make maintenance, like chain lube and carbide changes, a snap.:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you have access to the material and the set-up and
welding know how, I've got some good sled lift plans that
were passed on to me. It's been built and works rather well.
It's more for the do-it-yourselfers if you want to build
your own lift. But if you can get a good price from
somebody like Sled-parts.com then that's the easy way.

·
Registered
963 Posts
like maluchm said, you can doo it yourself like i did. It cost me about 200$ cdn. You need some 2" square tubing some 1/4 inch for the supports and the other's 3/16, and a hydrolic car jack. Here is a very quik plane of what i did. I will try to add some pics latter on.

·
Registered
963 Posts
another

·
Registered
963 Posts
last one

·
Registered
0 Posts
LOL jeepster. That's basically what I have except mine has a
B.O.M. with stock sizes and quantities. Holes are called out
and located and come with recommended bolt sizes. Just like
yours but more on the end of an engineering drawing. Here's
an example of one of the two drawings.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I copied a Mar-Lift hoist. The one thing I had to change was the cross piece on the rear support. It was too close to the track if you wanted to spin it. I cut it off & lowered the piece.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys...great illustrations.  My buddy's garage is completely set up w/welding equip, but unfortunately niether one of us have much time on our hands.  Two hundred or so bucks doesn't sound all that bad...should even be cheaper at the shows in the near future.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like my drawing more than maluchm  
 his is to complicated

No but really, did an engineer give that plan to you, cause I'm in mecanical engineering in college, and thats about what our planes look like when we are done drawing them
well maybe not me, I think that is why I failled the engineering drawing cours
 "Just kiding"

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Jim you would be suprised what I would do for 200 american.....send some over here and I will send you some useless canuc bucks. You should check out the hoist I made for 150 canadian (I think) and 150 canadian is about 20 dollars of your money.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
S-H, give me a pic, and we may have a deal.  

·
Registered
963 Posts
my lift looks exactly like sled-head except that I have the hydrolic car jack and he has the boat trailer kind'a jack. I could not find any pictures of my lift so I modifyed sled-head's picture. Since I could not find any pictures of a hydrolic car jack ither, i had to draw one
. Hope you don't have a copie protection on that picture sled-head

·
Registered
963 Posts
L.O.L to myself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts