Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Blizzard ski-doo, and i have no idea what year it is. is there an easy way to tell?
I am also having trouble keeping it running, do you know much about them. I allready pulled the carbs apart and everything is good same with the fuel pump. The ignition system seems new and it does fire but it seems im getting too much fuel and not enough air but im not sure. I tried different plugs as well with the same results. The plugs always seem wet when i check them. I can get it running but it wont idle and when i give it gas it bogs and won't wind up, it eventually stalls no matter what i do. I did ride it around and at mid throttle it kicks into power band and flies but at a high throttle it bogs down. As soon as i let off the throttle it stalled and it took probably 20 pulls to get it to fire again. I was told its possible i have a leak in my crank or some rings that are shot. Is there an easy way to find out if this is the case? Any info would be great!
Thanks for your time

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you can, spray a shot of ether behind the clutch while it's running. If it revs up you'll know the pto side seal is bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can, spray a shot of ether behind the clutch while it's running. If it revs up you'll know the pto side seal is bad.[/b]
Thanks for the hint i will try that. I was told you can change some of those seals from the outside do you know if this is one of them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts