Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my ZR900 tonight. I felt sad trading in my 800 but..........oh well. Does anyone have any tips for clutching and gearing for me??  It took me all winter to figure out the 800 and the winter is to far gone to play around.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
741 Posts
D&D says they have clutch kits for them. They also have reeds and powerbreathers and say the 800 pipes will work but are working on a 900 pipe. I will be ordering mine this week. Kevin

·
Registered
575 Posts
I sure wish I could go out and trade in my sled for a new one. I would love to get my hands on an 800 Cross country or a new F7. The wife won't let me, she wants to have a baby.  

·
Registered
18 Posts
There was a show her in Montreal, where they displayed the 2003 product line...oh Baby!!
The 900's are nice don't get me wrong,especially the black one, But the Firecat Is just beautiful! I almost pulled the trigger; but reality slapped me across the face.Reality... that's my wife's name...LOL

·
Registered
739 Posts
You need to explain to her that the sled will be cheaper in the long run....(food, clothing,babysitter's,....COLLEGE!!!!&#33

A sled will not....
- keep you awake at night (unless you want it to)
- need it's diaper's changed
- talk back
the list could go on.
Or you could tell her that with the kid as an extra tax deduction, the sled will easily fit your budget!

Just kidding, kid's are a lot of fun year round. If you're lucky...MAYBE, you'll have someone on your side when you get ready for that next new sled.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I ordered mine today. I got the black one. Standard suspension. I felt with the amount of snow I ride in I don't need the deeper lug track. The deal I got was $7980.00 OTD. This also incuded a cover, gallon of oil, a set of spare plugs and a spare belt. Kevin

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sleddinfool I am takin her out tomorow ........I will let you know how it worked

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sixer, here's how I got my new sled.  Went to the dealer
(5 hrs away) to pick up my 2 sleds from service for seasonal checkup...got the bill, and ended up trading both in for new one instead of paying bill.  Boy, was she surprised when I pulled in the driveway  
  She didn't understand my logic, instead of paying a $1000.00 service bill, I spent over $4000.00 for a new sled.  Somehow it made more sense when I was on the showroom floor sitting on the new sleds.  Oh well, after about 2 days she was over it.  Since I traded in her sled, she gets a new one this year...she wins too.  My second new sled in 5 yrs of marriage w/2 kids.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sledhead, D&D has a setup already on their website (D&Dcycles.com) They say put a powerbreather and a clutchkit on it and add a set of v-force reeds and gain 7-8 hp. I am going to order my studs tommorrow if they have any left. In the next month or so when I save up the jack I will order the v-force and the power breather. I kind of wish I would have bought the f-7. I would have saved all the aftermarket add on money NOT.LOL. Kevin

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cant sleep....I have visions of my 900 wasting my buddies ZR cc 800. That 800 has been a thorn in my side all year and regardless what I did my ZR800 couldnt touch it(it was close but he always edged me). Tommorow is my day and he will be snow checkin the 9 when I am done with him ....I hope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got back from my home is Granby, CO. Finally got a chance to ride my ZR 900 Green. The sled was running great and the vibration wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I asked my dealer about the black magic clutch kit and he told me "dem boys at black magic no nothing about riding at this altitude." Where I ride in Grand Lake we are at a min of 8500ft and I ride to over 10000ft. I definetly going to add a bigger lug track. Probably around a 1.4 but im not sure yet. Any suggestions? I will be jetting down a few sizes also, but kept it a little fat since I was breakin in the sled. Gas mileage was better then my '02 ZR 500. Sled handles well and best of luck to anyone who picked up a 900 or has a '03 sled on order. I'm sure you can't wait to ride, I was waiting over a month to ride my 900. Thanks in advance for any tips with this sled.

Tonic

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought the ZR 900 in black.Peeling all the stickers off it and getting it Air Brushed to look like Dale Sr's car.Should look good for next year.I hope!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bad news for the ZR900 owners.  Rode one on Saturday.  More low end than my 02 Zr 800 but not as fast in the mid range or top with the way I have mine setup.  Lets just say that they will also have to be setup to beat a properly tuned 800.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts