Snowmobile World banner

I broke my chain drive?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Cravenfan 
#1 ·
Hey guys...I had my new Z-570 lock up on me the other night while going slow down a snowbank.  I thought the brakes locked up, but it turns out, I broke my chain drive.  Can someone let me know more about that?  It's going to be in the shop for a week or so until the parts come in.  I'm bummed out.  I just put 300 miles on it in N.B. this weekend and 550 total.  It's been a sweet sled for me and I'm not going to let this get me down...But, can anyone describe that area a bit more for me?  Thanks...

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks Powderboy...Yes, I'll have it next week.  I'm real happy with the buy.  I put on 300 miles in N.B. and loved it.  One the tight trails in the woods, I can keep up with anyone.  And for $4500, I think it's a great deal...I'll have to keep an eye on the milage...I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with the new 570?

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Lots of questions...I don't have SS and it still rides very well.  From what I hear, you can't beat the SS however.  It wasn't worth the $800 extra for me, as I needed a jacket, helmet, etc.  Clutch engauges smooth for me (until the chain broke).  I've had mine going 82 and didn't have it pinned to the handlebar.  I've seen reports of 90 mph or so.  Great sled for the cake...I got mine for $4500.  If I was you, get the SS.  Gas started out low, but about 10 mpg or so now.  I haven't got a good read on it yet...In the wide open field, some other guys will smoke you.  From the quick start and in the woods, you can hang with anyone.  Just the right blend of performance and reduced weight...Good luck!  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.