Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday a 50 yr old man was seriously injured while setting up his sled for the grass drags next sunday in Fenelon falls. He was NOT wearing a helmet and was transferred from peterborough hospital to St mikes downtown toronto. Serious head injuries. He crashed in the field. I hope he makes it , and to everyone else remember to wear a helmet always.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Lets see if I got this straight,
-race sled
-testing in a field
-no helmet
-crashed bad
=
= dumb-###

Sorry to sound harsh, you would think especially someone involved in competition should know better. I do however wish him well.

Rick.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Surprising he hadn't heard about that fellow in Quebec being killed as it was in the Peterborough Examiner. ??? I guess he figured it wouldn't happen to him.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it's not a mistake if we can all learn from it. but one thing to remember is that to cause an accident there has to be more than one thing done wrong it seems, like speed and no helmet.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i forgot to mention something there about not likely the guy was on a marked trail.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The media/ins. co's are gonna have a field day with that one. We can only hope alcohol was not the third factor.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Oct 28 2002, 02:51 PM
it's not a mistake if we can all learn from it. but one thing to remember is that to cause an accident there has to be more than one thing done wrong it seems, like speed and no helmet.
I remember years ago reading that there is no such yhing as an "accident". There are always reasons or causes for the occurrence, carelessness, equipment failure, etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I shouldnt be allowed to participate in a race without any protection. At least a helmet. Hope he makes it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts