Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there talking el nino this year i guess so what happen last year? el no snow. they better predict it better than last year or the last five years for my area

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
When I watch the 7 day extended forcast in my area,if they predict rain on the fifth day,it is usually sunny and beautiful.

Nobody can tell where the jet stream is going to be 3 months from now. I say  

LET IT SNOW !!!!!!!

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
El nino will subsequently create a warmer winter. el nino or no el nino the snow has stunk in northern NY for the past 4 or 5 seasons. Its not like it was 10-15 years ago. I remember winters where you got your sled stuck every weekend and there were no need for "conditions". As long as I can put in my 1k miles a year I will be happier then those who dont get to ride at all. I agree though. I would rather no predict something that is uncontrollable and that is really 3-4 months away from incubation period... LOL

*PRAY-SNOW* thats my prediction

·
Registered
757 Posts
This latest El-Nino is not supposed to be near as strong as the last one.  A local climatologist is saying that it shouldn't affect our area at all.  He predicts an average year for Minnesota (snow & temps).  That would be fine with me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If this year is supposed to be el nino, What the H... was last year, el padre? If I remember correctly the last time we had el nino I was able to ride were I live for at least the whole month of jan. without a break and there was still plenty of snow in northern wis. in mid march as far south as Antigo. La nina was the bad one, at least in my area, we rode the trails 1 time in my county that winter and still it was only like 8 inches of snow. I also remember la nina had the trails closed in U.P. the 2nd week of Feb. never to reopen that season.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i agree, they dont know what there talking about, they said it was supposed to rain here 2 days ago and be like 50 degrees, it was sunny no wind and HOT AS #### it was like 80 degrees, the rain happened the next day when they were calling for sunny and 75.  so just wait and see what the winter brings.  i have a feeling this one will be OK, everyone will get some good riding in.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ya -22c here

BUT where is all the snow???

Never had more then 15cm on the ground,although lakes here are more then safe :p

Once again Sout :cussing: hern Ontario gets everything :cussing:

Look at the poor Minniesotans with all ther snow :blahblah:

BTW El Ninos don't always bring warmer winters only the past few did ,other El Ninos bring colder weather,it is just the media hyping it because of what happened in 97-98 :doh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Of course they don't know - but they want to let you think that they do know. Predicting the weather isn't the issue. Who cares if poor winter weather conditions are accurately predicted?? That still doesn't let you ride does it?

We need good winter weather conditions! Not accurate predictions of #### poor winter weather conditions!

JD

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by FreezerBurnt@Jan 22 2003, 09:52 PM

Once again Sout :cussing: hern Ontario gets everything :cussing:

Last year after New Years Day, I'd be hard pressed to say that Apsley got 6" of snow the rest of the winter. My parents didn't even get a thousand miles on their sleds. The upper Ottawa Valley area had terrible conditions all of last winter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Way to go Paul!, who else would bring back a thread from like 4 months ago!. I remember thinking back then how we couldn't possibly have 2 winters in a row in my county where the trails wouldn't even open and looky here, Jan 23rd and not even a dusting in west central wisconsin. Cold as a mofo though!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
In the past the winters have been warm with rain, now it's too cold to snow, I don't attribute it to El Nino.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts