1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Can you say rev-laris. ;)

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
to steal a few good riders from cat the polaris guys must have had something good in the kitchen, i hope for them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It bug's me when people say its the same old Polaris just because the hood and belly pan look the same.

Are you really sold by plastic?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I like the trailing arm suspension oh boy!! I guess AC & now 'doo & Yami don't know what they're 'dooing going to A arm suspensions.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
More like the new Cat rearend...the snowflap area is not cluttered enough to be that of a REV.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Looks like the current polaris just with a tall seat and handlebars. I hope theres more that goes along with that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Which sled was announced or produced first? The RX-1, REV, or Firecat?

Sorry if this is off topic of this discussion, I'm just seeing alot of people compare the sleds to this "new" Polaris model.

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you want to get technical the Polaris NXR was a before all of them!! The NXR was a concept sled that photos started to surface this spring about. It was done in '95 and a lot of people said that Polaris was trying to copy the Rev. Well according to the Doo sit ethe Rev started as a concept sled in '97 so Pol beat them to that one and I believe the RX-1 concept (style wise) was around '97 or '98. As far as the Firecat goes I only see a small resemblance; ie.. hood, track, skis, motor, and so on (I think you know what I mean). Otherwise there is not a resemblance at all to the Cat (Thank God!!).
Just because Doo brought the Rev out first doesn't mean they came up with the concept first. I think Polaris has something ready but were planning on keeping it for the 50th anniversary ('04 Models) and got caught with their pants down, figuratively speaking of course.

Here is a picture of the NXR if you are unfamiliar with it. I am not trying to start something but want to make sure the facts are out there before people start judging and saying someone is copying the design of someone else.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Even I would like to see Polaris come out w/something new. It just keeps everything exciting and all brands forced to improve their products when everyone is bringing out new ideas. Come on Polaris, show us something really new.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it's still an old sled. but i do believe like i said earlier that polaris has something in the kitchen because they stole a few good riders from other camps. so they must have shown these riders what they have hidden, think about it every racer no matter what the money wants to ride into the winners circle.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Oct 11 2002, 11:50 PM
they must have shown these riders what they have hidden, think about it every racer no matter what the money wants to ride into the winners circle.
Looking back, 'doo you think Blair would have gone to Ski-doo if the Open class sled was just a ZX chassis w/ a big motor? IMO, no. The races knowing what AC & 'doo would be racing this winter, wouldn't want to race on "old" technology. But the Firecat & REV each have a race season under their belts. How much new unproven stuff is on the ProX?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.