Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out 5 of the last 6 days.Went to Vilas Co. WI. on Fri. Sat. Sun. then took Monday off.Went out last night and tonight.So thats why I havn't been around much lately.I feel lucky,got 1000 miles so far,for a no snow year that is good.I feel sorry for Steimy,got good snow and the sled is broke.
Snow won't last long here,rain tomorrow and 50 degrees and more rain on Fri.
Tonight may have been my last ride of the season.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've had plans to go the last 3 weeks and couldn't. I called Rob's to see when the H#ll it's going to be done and I heard the the two words no snowmobiler ever wants to hear- BACK ORDER  
 Yeah that's right, the crankshaft for my sled is on backorder! Snow has been on back order all year, now this. There is finally snow everywhere and I can't ride

·
Registered
664 Posts
I even put on 1000. If my sled wasn't out of comission right now there would be 2500 for the year.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We got SNOW!!  5 inches so far.  more coming down!  I should put on some good miles this weekend!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost every opp.I get to go I do.Its been hard on the wife this year,shes pregnant and really didnt ride this season.She loves to ride , 1600 miles for her and 2000 for me last year.She said at least it was easier on her because of the lack of snow this season.The season is soon over,it always goes to fast for me.Next thing you know it will be 95 degrees outside and humid.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Chief,  (mxz7)  I've been ridin also.  I was down towards you (Lebanon)  where we came across 3 guys  standing on ice w/ hip waiters on.  (we were along the Rock river,  very wet land)  anyhow turns out a poor puddy cat didn't drink enough milk before it went out for the day and got sunk in at least 4'  of water.  I couldn't even see the windshield!  I watch as the 3 guys grunted pulling it out.  I would of helped but I really didn't want to fall through the ice if it broke again.  Anyhow I got on about 900 for the year.  
RIP 95 ZR580  nick
BTW check out this,  the train derailed by my house the other day.  Tracks run along the sled trail..

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick,how was the race last weekend?

I was out in Lebanon Tues. night. To bad we didn't meet up.We were riding wide open.Would have been fun to rock together.

The derailment looks like a mess.

We didn't come across anybody that sunk a sled.Must have been one of the local yocals.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah well.............., I can't say it . Its just that you put on more miles in 5 days that I have all year. I am not bitter at all

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
nick,
 did you try to flatten a penny on the tracks is that why the train came off ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts