Snowmobile World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The magneto is under the flywheel which is under the pull start. If you haven't yet - check your condenser and points. If you aren't getting power to your coils is usually because the condenser (capacitor) has gone or the points are pitted. If the points aren't flat on the two contact areas that touch - replace them. With the follower of the points on one of the high spots of the crank, set your clearance to 0.020" (or whatever the manual says). If the points don't fix it - the condenser can be removed from the mag assembly with the right sized socket and a hammer. Then push the new one in with the same socket and a vice. Solder the lead on. Check at the pos side of the coil again. If there is power to the coils but no spark or intermittent spark - check the coils ground. Clean them and put some dielectric grease under it before tightening it back down. Check for spark. The next option is the spark plug wires. They either push into the hole in the coil or screw onto them - try unscrewing them first then pull them out. Check in the hole while you have the wire out. Cut about an inch off the plug wire and put it back in or replace them. Check it again. That's about all I can think of - I spent til I was 19 working on 1971 - 85 skidoos and ski rolls. Let me know how it goes....

Woodler

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.