Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Cat is ready to unveil a GSX-1000 powered 4-stroke. Hmmmm, who would want a 4-stroke in a sled.............. :D

Go check it out :0:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
In the december issue of sno Goer they put the ZR900 and the RX1 head to head. The Zr 900 beat the Rx1 in every department incuding handling, power and top speed. three of the four test editors said that if they had to lay out thair own dollars they would buy the ZR9. Also in December issue of American snowmobiler the dyno tested an RX1 and it made 137 peak hp at some rank high rpm and produced less than 90 foot pounds of torque. The RX1 wieghed in at 607lbs that is 4.43 pounds per hp on the flip side the F7 is 3.28 lb per hp. Just food for thought..................Oh and did I mention that they said the RX1 is not going to handle very good on the trails...............This is what Sno Goer wrote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I didn't want their opinion on the RX-1, I'm simply pointing out what Cat is doing :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
I just thought I would report what sno goer had to say.............and if you dont like it dont read it.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
The industry will obviously release 4 stroke sleds cause a big part of sledding is touring and it does make a good, fuel efficient, powerfull touring sleds but it ain't a dichbanger or mountain sled. I'm more interested in Bombardier's SDI though, same gas millage as 4 stroke but as powerfull and light as today's 2 stroke. That's the way to go IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
They all test it brand new .They havent even broke it in .R 1 bike owners said they wake up after 1000 miles, Some dyno guys said after 300miles the rx 1 can gain up to 7 hp . And for torque compared to the rest it doesnt drop it just stays constant, power to tap at any time . As for trail riding I heard It was very nimble for the weight , But poor mountain sled.Now would I buy one , yeah when they ban two strokes.Ive learned early not to buy the first one ,look at my 73' kitty cat ??? They said it would do 15 yeah right 11 tops :( and streering I still cant shake the nightmares of that gaint well head :nervous: ,At that speed I couldnt grab an edge to much ski lift :0:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
I could definitely see this coming with cat, having the suzuki motors and all. I wonder what Polaris and Bombardier will do. Neither really have a proven crotch rocket type motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
I think it will take your z120 in 330ft :D Your just getin happy looking at it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Originally posted by sled-head@Nov 20 2002, 11:18 PM
The RX1 wieghed in at 607lbs that is 4.43 pounds per hp on the flip side the F7 is 3.28 hp per lb. Just food for thought..................
so if i understand this right 3 hp per pound at around 400 pounds thats about 1200 hp wow that must be a wicked ride

sorry i know what i am u don't have to tell me...
i just thought it was humorus and couldn't resist i am sure a few didn't catch it. :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
no problem i am just glad u took it as humor like it was meant to be and not as a cutdown:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by Steimy@Nov 20 2002, 11:57 PM
I wonder what Bombardier will do. really have a proven crotch rocket type motor.
Doesn't Rotax make the motors for some of the European street bikes that we don't see here in North America?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Revrnd - Aprilla is the name you're looking for.


This post started on a very humourous note!!! :D
However, well , maybe I should just leave it at that!

Yamaha - Phhhhht! :blahblah:
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sled-head@Nov 20 2002, 11:18 PM
In the december issue of sno Goer they put the ZR900 and the RX1 head to head. The Zr 900 beat the Rx1 in every department incuding handling, power and top speed. three of the four test editors said that if they had to lay out thair own dollars they would buy the ZR9. Also in December issue of American snowmobiler the dyno tested an RX1 and it made 137 peak hp at some rank high rpm and produced less than 90 foot pounds of torque. The RX1 wieghed in at 607lbs that is 4.43 pounds per hp on the flip side the F7 is 3.28 lb per hp. Just food for thought..................Oh and did I mention that they said the RX1 is not going to handle very good on the trails...............This is what Sno Goer wrote.
NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAA. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
SDI is the way to go. However if bombardier was to make a 4 stroke sled. That triple 180hp Supercharged engine that they have in there seadoos would be the way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by Mighty RX-1@Nov 21 2002, 04:15 AM
Looks like Cat is ready to unveil a GSX-1000 powered 4-stroke. Hmmmm, who would want a 4-stroke in a sled.............. :D

Go check it out :0:
Gotta link? I'v been all over their website and can't find anything about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,365 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfman@Nov 21 2002, 07:37 AM
Gotta link? I'v been all over their website and can't find anything about it.
I am pretty sure he was talking about the small article on the Firecat Gixer which is on the main page.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top