Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omg.. jsut got back from the local dealer that just picked up a 800R today.. and jesus did I ever shake when I sat on that thing when it was running.. One of the baddest ### sleds I have ever seen.... the mechanic had the brake on and just floored it a lil bit and that sucker just gave a lil hop.. wow I am thinking about spring ordering one.. these sleds are just amazing.. looks like a real snow ripper..

the running boards flexed a tiny bit on them.. when everyone said there terribly flexible..Im a heavy guy and it only did it a little.. I went in there show room and did it to a 500ss ..exact same stuff.

Im an all around manufacturer kinda guy.. but ski doo has the right kind of bait and hooked me with just one look..

maybe its just me tho?.. all in all.. great sled

can't wait for next winter !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a 08 Nytro RTX, and I have been thinking lately about my decision I had made. Now I wish I had gotten the 08 XP instead.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
I ordered a 08 Nytro RTX, and I have been thinking lately about my decision I had made. Now I wish I had gotten the 08 XP instead.[/b]
i guess that's why the handle "skeptical"

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ordered a 08 Nytro RTX, and I have been thinking lately about my decision I had made. Now I wish I had gotten the 08 XP instead.[/b]

I am sure there will be lots of people willing to take it off your hands

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've noticed that the posting quote clock has been out of sync for some time now.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Don't know how you did that Paul, Your post was made in the future according to my clock[/b]
Since he has the most posts, he has special privledges.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am sure there will be lots of people willing to take it off your hands[/b]
Ya I hope so, I would like to try it first before I sell it though. It may be good or it may be bad. Who knows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i guess that's why the handle "skeptical"[/b]
:tongue: Ahh Paul that made a good laugh!! I'm not strickly brand loyal. I have owned several doo's, poo's and arctic bears over the years but I would like to move over to a Ski-Doo.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was at the Doo dealer today and seen the 08 XP....Beautiful looking machine, I didn't like how cheap and flimsy the side panels were, I found the running boards really flex a lot with me standing on them (250 lbs)...The gauge cluster is really nice, seat was comfy, handlebars felt good ..I don't like the idea of the chain case being built in to the tunnel...All in all it's a nice sled..I am still concerned that they cut too many corners, time will tell...If it does hold up it will be one bad ### sled with an attitude..Man I bet that sled flys...But if I were to put money down on a new sled I think it would be the Nytro, fit and finish and dependably are my main concerns....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was at the Doo dealer today and seen the 08 XP....Beautiful looking machine, I didn't like how cheap and flimsy the side panels were, I found the running boards really flex a lot with me standing on them (250 lbs)...The gauge cluster is really nice, seat was comfy, handlebars felt good ..I don't like the idea of the chain case being built in to the tunnel...All in all it's a nice sled..I am still concerned that they cut too many corners, time will tell...If it does hold up it will be one bad ### sled with an attitude..Man I bet that sled flys...But if I were to put money down on a new sled I think it would be the Nytro, fit and finish and dependably are my main concerns....[/b]
Ya, I didn't like that either. Those side panels are surely going to fall off over a jump. The rear seat storage was cheap and very flimsy, but overall a bad ### machine like you say. Still not sure what to do. The Nytro RTX that I saw at are snowmobile show we had, the bushings on the handelbars were loose, I couldn't get real comfortable on it for the first few minutes but settled in later. Well see how it works when it comes.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
I found the running boards really flex a lot with me standing on them (250 lbs)...[/b]
that will up their sales of tunnel stiffeners :lookaround: :whistling:

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
that will up their sales of tunnel stiffeners :lookaround: :whistling:[/b]
that is what i thought when I sat on it. after all the bracing that will be recommended you are going to add 50 lbs to the weight reduction. Panels looked cheap to me.

Sounds good on paper but I will wait and see

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well our dealer got 2 of them on wednesday and thursday. I got to take one on wednesday for about a hour and a half. And after our big snow storm on Easter weekend all we have is messed up trails....Perfect for trying out the XP. Gotta say this thing handles awsome and sucks up the bumps nice. You punch the throttle at 50mph and it stands straight up if you want it to.

I just wish we were the first dealer to get then and not the 7th or 8th. They already had like 2500 miles on them and they were beaten bad. Jumped and rolled you name it ....and guess what ...the running boards weren't bent. I don't see were they flex anymore then the old revs.

I had a problem with the secondary getting stuck open when comming to a stop. I had to get off and walk it forward to get it to close. Then after a couple of wide open runs i heard a ticking sound...and sure enough it was pulling the cord on the belt....And you guessed it they didn't put a spare belt on the sled. But that's when i notice that the sheaves on the primary were all notched up....like someone hit it with a hammer? Like i said they were beaten. So i had to nurse it back to the dealer...about 20miles as i didn't want that belt to go.

But all in all i was very impressed with it....I would have liked to try a brand new one....but that motor pulled hard slammin 8grand with easy every time you cracked it....One other thing is the seat was moving around...They said they plan to fasten that on better for the production sleds..

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Well our dealer got 2 of them on wednesday and thursday. I got to take one on wednesday for about a hour and a half. And after our big snow storm on Easter weekend all we have is messed up trails....Perfect for trying out the XP. Gotta say this thing handles awsome and sucks up the bumps nice. You punch the throttle at 50mph and it stands straight up if you want it to.

I just wish we were the first dealer to get then and not the 7th or 8th. They already had like 2500 miles on them and they were beaten bad. Jumped and rolled you name it ....and guess what ...the running boards weren't bent. I don't see were they flex anymore then the old revs.

I had a problem with the secondary getting stuck open when comming to a stop. I had to get off and walk it forward to get it to close. Then after a couple of wide open runs i heard a ticking sound...and sure enough it was pulling the cord on the belt....And you guessed it they didn't put a spare belt on the sled. But that's when i notice that the sheaves on the primary were all notched up....like someone hit it with a hammer? Like i said they were beaten. So i had to nurse it back to the dealer...about 20miles as i didn't want that belt to go.

But all in all i was very impressed with it....I would have liked to try a brand new one....but that motor pulled hard slammin 8grand with easy every time you cracked it....One other thing is the seat was moving around...They said they plan to fasten that on better for the production sleds..[/b]
good review Kenny... and an opinion/review I trust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts