Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an old 1980 el Tigre 6000 &

I have a few questions for the more enlightened!

I just popped the old sled out for a run yesterday and the sled gets to about 80 in a blink of an eye is this the best the 1980 el Tigre 6000 or can I get more out of it ?

What would be the ideal rpms for the 500cc motor?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I picked up an old 1980 el Tigre 6000 &

I have a few questions for the more enlightened!

I just popped the old sled out for a run yesterday and the sled gets to about 80 in a blink of an eye is this the best the 1980 el Tigre 6000 or can I get more out of it ?

What would be the ideal rpms for the 500cc motor?[/b]
If your getting 80 out of it your doing pretty good. I have a 1989 el tigre 530, and it get roughly 85 to 90. Not sure of the RPM should be on yours. But mine is set around 1800-2100. Sounds like you got a nice sled.

·
Registered
277 Posts
PEAK HP IS AT 8000 - 8250 ACORDING TO A DYNOTECH EVALUATION ON THE 84 ELTIGRE 6000 WHICH IS THE SAME AS YOURS. PEAK CBHP IS 84.5 AT 8250.
IT MAY NOT SEEM TO BE A LOT OF POWER BY TODAYS STANDARDS, BUT HAS A VERY HIGH POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
GSM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I was looking for! Thank you very much, :D

Today I was riding the ditches as there’s not much snow yet here in North Dakota and for the most part thats where the snow is :bash:.

We have only about 2 foot of snow in the roadside ditches but were still able to get the ramp going, the 6000 launches nicely with plenty of power to push it into the air, handles well on the downside but not much suspension.

Taken up in the fields (unplanted ones) it handles the flat track oval like it was built for it, Wow, nice little sled!

I spun out today and it stayed upright :p going too fast on the melting slush,

I like it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the same sled, but it still has the original stickers on the hood. It's been having problems blowing head gaskets in the past, went to start it this year and no spark.....have to dig into it over Christmas break....hopefully get 'er goin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts