Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2000 MACH Z FOULED PLUGS LIKE MAD LAST YEAR PUT A 45 PIOLIT IN IT NOW IT DOES NOT FOUL AT IDLE NOW CRUSING AT 40 OR SO AND IN AND OUT OF THE THROTTLE ALL THE TIME THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT LOSES A PLUS NO ONE IN GENERAL DIFFRENT ONES ALL THE TIME,SO I # 1 LEANED THE OIL PUMP A LITTLE IS THAT OK?#2 DROPPED THE NEEDLE 1 NOTCH LEANER AND NOW I ALSO INSTALLED BOYESEN RAD VALVES IT SAYS USE STOCK JETTING WELL LIKE I SAID I DROPPED THE NEEDLE AND LEANED THE PUMP I HAVE NOT RIDDEN IT YET I JUST DID THE STUFF ABOUVE LAST WEEK,WILL DROPPING THE NEEDLE BE TOO LEAN AND SHOULD I PUT IT BACK???WHAT ABOUT THE OIL INJECTOR PUT IT BACK TOO????I HAVE NOT RIDDEN IT EXCEPT LAST YEAR WITH THE SMALLER PIOLITS WILL ONE NOTCH MAKE A BIG DIFFRENCE AND HURT ANYTHING I RIDE IN THE UP AND OHIO ONLY I JUST DONT WANT PROBLEMS

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I would set the oil pump back to the line, What plugs are you using?? Doo you have them gapped at 0.18?? Dropping the might help, you can try and turn out the air screw out a 1/4 to 1/2 turn .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey.Let me know if it works I have a 98 and it does the same exact thing. Jumps around never the same plug. Let me know if it works. Tried the br9eya's fouled them too.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I dropped the needle 1 and pilots to 45 and rode all last year with no problems on a 00 MachZ. I did'nt have a fouling problem just a mileage problem. Make sure you have BR-9ES plugs, 10's will foul in less that a day. You may have some sort of electrical problem?
Mach's tend to be rich on the bottom and mid so you may have already solved your problem. I will be trying 300-310-300 main jets to start off with this year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
MACHZ 69 THEY DO FOUL. DID WHAT YOU SAID TRIED BR9EYA'S FOULED ONE WITHIN A HOUR. I PUT BR8ES IN RAN FINE I AM ALSO RUNNING 250 MAINS FOR 500 FT GRASS DRAGS.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Like someone said earlier,.018 spark plug gap(very important)45 pilots,stock jetting and oil pump setting and get yourself a tempa flow,We put several on last year and they work great,even on mxz 800 which arent suppose to work,I had my mach to a radar run last year started out below zero and climbed to 40 degrees in the afternoon,no smoke no black on the snow,my buddys t cat got jetted 2 or 3 times and was always rich and chasing his set up around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts