Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After seeing all these sonic blue X model around the showrooms, I've been thinking of giving one of my older units a facelift.

It's a 93 wedge chassis ( with blue seat and tank cover)

Anyhow, when I bring the hood and nose piece to the body shop what color number do I ask for? I called a local place today and they have no clue what Polaris sonic blue is.

Also, If I wanted to change the seat color, is it easier to buy a new seat or can they be painted/stained.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think I did a search on msn for smowmobile paint and it gave me an address for a manufacturer that makes the paint for the oem snowmobile man. you could order online and buy it in spray can paint stick or quarts or gallons. Don't know about the seat Probably buy a new seatcover.
:p

·
Registered
282 Posts
Go your Polaris dealer and they can get it for you. When they order it from Polaris it comes from a seperate distributor. You can get it in different quantities also. Might be able to just get a quart from them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you take it to a body shop tell them you want 2002 Dodge truck intense blue or viper blue the color is so close you won't be able to tell the difference. Plus that way they can get it from the manufacturer they are used to dealing with.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yes i agree,my new rmk is sonic blue but i did not get the yellow graphs..wish i would have .....oh well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts