Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i run in iowa and don't need the DPM on my sled. how do i remove it? do i need to unplug it from the cdi box, and plug the carb holes?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The DPM system will work for you no matter where you ride,  it's not only for elevation changes.  I'm not sure of everything it reads to change jetting, but it considers barometric pressure air temp and engine temp.  If you are into jetting a lot for different changes then I bet you could get a little more power by jetting yourself if you know what you are doing though.  Just my thoughts,  I'm no expert

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Why would you want to do such a foolish thing?  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
dpm leans the air/fuel mixture as the temp/elevation rises.I would not remove it.jet the sled on a real cold day and let the dpm lean it out for you as temps rise.I have to agree with the others that is foolish to remove it,I love mine on the 700's wish the 600 g.t. had it as well.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
sept. snow tech says the dpm provides no compensation below -4f.you are running on the main jet installed below this temp.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Another Swede

We better watch out that Greenclicker & Nico don't take over. These guys will win the Long Distance Award if they show up at LadyK's BBQ.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys, thanks for the opinions, i will keep it. any thaughts on pin weight and jets for a rkt head? flatland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts