Snowmobile World banner

I want to race

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Team_Arctic 
G
#1 ·
Yeah next year i think i want to try amature racing I am a very aggressive rider and i want to know if i have what it takes to win some races.......any racers out there could help me out and tell me some info on how to get started and stuff like that...it would be much appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
One thing you need to know is it's pretty expensive to get started as you have to pay for all of your own repairs and do all your own work.
  If/when you start to make a name for yourself though, you can start looking for sponsors to help take care of some of the cost of parts, etc.  Actualy, you can put a portfolio(sp?) together anytime and start sending them into companies or local dealers.  You just have to present yourself in a respectable manner and assure them you are a good person and won't give them a bad name or image.
Whever you have races coming to your local area, go and pick up a set of the rules and regs and get a good understanding of that as well.  There a some basic rules and there will more than likely be some additional safetly equipment you will have to buy, ie tek-vest, proper safety rated helmet, and make sure you have a kill switch on your sled, stuff like that.
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction a little and good luck!

#3 ·
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (phazerhater @ Jan. 30 2002, 06:15am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing you need to know is it's pretty expensive to get started as you have to pay for all of your own repairs and do all your own work.
  If/when you start to make a name for yourself though, you can start looking for sponsors to help take care of some of the cost of parts, etc.  Actualy, you can put a portfolio(sp?) together anytime and start sending them into companies or local dealers.  You just have to present yourself in a respectable manner and assure them you are a good person and won't give them a bad name or image.
Whever you have races coming to your local area, go and pick up a set of the rules and regs and get a good understanding of that as well.  There a some basic rules and there will more than likely be some additional safetly equipment you will have to buy, ie tek-vest, proper safety rated helmet, and make sure you have a kill switch on your sled, stuff like that.
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction a little and good luck!
[/b][/quote]
I don't know if I could help out. But I do come from a family of racers. So if you want some help you can respond or eamil me at angelface_269@yahoo.com. My name is Sheena Haskins. My cousin is Matt Kepper. He races semi-pro and juniors. Alot of my extend family races. So ask away. I'll try my best.

#4 ·
Good luck !! it is fun to go to the races and smell the burning two stroke oil and watch races all day. I raced last year here in lower mi.  I always thought of my self as a very aggressive rider also but I did not stand a chance. Snowcross racing is completely different!!!!!  But not to push you away it was a huge rush setting at the starting line whatching the starter point the flag and then all of sudden you gone. I would recomend getting you shocks re-valved, and if you get them done right you are not going to want to trail ride it any more. You also need to buy a cup, hockey style shin gaurds and a tek-vest chest protector. I am selling mine so if you are interested e-mail me at labuhnj@dteenergy.com. It is an adult large, $200, only worn two days.

#6 ·
I raced once in a drag and hill climb  just make sure you have the money thats what shot me down i crashed and couldent repair fast enough and i have just not had the time to get back in to it... so just try to get sponsers from dealers or your mommy and daddy or g-ma and g-pa or try to hook up with a team from your area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.