Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems if my sled has been sitting in a warm garage for a night or two
when i start it and warm it up it warms up fine then it idle down to an irregular idle
well i this happened put it on the stand and reved it up after a good go i let it idle down and
it was fine i think its water from condensation?

but if you know wat goin on let me know

·
Registered
193 Posts
well it seems if my sled has been sitting in a warm garage for a night or two
when i start it and warm it up it warms up fine then it idle down to an irregular idle
well i this happened put it on the stand and reved it up after a good go i let it idle down and
it was fine i think its water from condensation?
but if you know wat goin on let me know[/b]
I never had so meny carb problems till I bought this mxz670, 89 yamaha phazer was the best sled i ever owned. never had to mess with carbs, i had gas in that phazer all year long. come winter it fired rite up, my budy still drives it to this day, 18 years and still going. Crash Dummy

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
no but i was think of putting it in[/b]
give it a shot, that or an inline filter. Condensation, fine powder and bad gas could be what is getting it. Doubtful since you are storing inside but is a cheap fix.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
ok thanks how much should i put in my tank[/b]
I put half a bottle of it per full tank, 12 oz bottle.

I had a frozen line a few years back and decided from then on I was going to use it especially when it gets under 20^f

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
do you use isopropyl alcohol?[/b]
Yep, that's the cure. Wifes brand new sled acted up last year, man was she pissed. Condensation, that's all it was, have added isopropyl ( bought in a large container ((99%)) at Wal-Mart for next to nothing) to every tankfull since and no problems.

Great advice :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I keep the gas tank full when in the garage (unheated) to keep the condensation out of the tank. I also put in isopropyl each time I fill up. This, as has been stated, is especially useful when the temperature gets colder.

Happy Sledding.

John.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well its not that

i put some gasline anti freeze in and started it up still the same problem

i have no idea

oh and if it wasnt to much trouble could someone get me a diagram on how a carbs works?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
A great place to buy isopropyl is at your local pharmacy. I would think that medical grade 99% is just as good if not better than automotive ... and it's cheap!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
isopropyl is different than the stuff you use in the car right?

A great place to buy isopropyl is at your local pharmacy. I would think that medical grade 99% is just as good if not better than automotive ... and it's cheap!![/b]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts