Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 500.  Its not here right now so i cant look or see whats wrong.  I think i know what it is but not sure.  Just looking for opinions.

The problem:  I set the idle at 1700 rpm and it hold its perfectly.  But drive a little and come to a stop and the idle is at 3100.  It will only come down if you let it sit for like 2 min or if you flick the throttle.  When you flick the throttle you know its going to come down because the tone of the whole engine changes.  So what do you guys thing.  

I think one of the slide is getting stuck in the carb or not seating right.  So what do you guys think.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What sled is this. When this happens check to make sure the throttle lever is retracted all the way. Does it have the progressive throttle lever?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You know, this happens on my '01 MXZ 800X as well. The throttle is completely returning and the only way I can get the revs down is to just barely move the choke lever and it comes right down. I don't remember this from last year and I think I would if it happened. Could they have played with the carbs when they did the piston recall before the season started? I don't think this was part of the recall and there really wasn't any need to mess with them; just throw in new pistons and the cooling thing. I've run it hard on the lake with no apparent ill effects, but haven't checked the sparkplugs as yet. God forbid that there's an air leak!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts