Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to talk to the dealer tomorrow and see what the scoop is.Wife wants a new sled next season.Now they throw the bone at us and come out with the rev.Wife wanted a mxz trail 600,but she isnt quite sure about the rev.I think she would be happy with my 02 mxz 700 sport (low miles)and I'll trade in her 99 FZ 500 for a new rev 600ho for me.I didn't run it by her yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Never buy 1st year anything.  Especially somethin that loox like that.  
 I was hopin to stay with doo, but now i guess I'll have to buy whatever looks more like a sled and less like a science experiment.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
new rev all the way and don't look back. the idea is not new it just finally came around.

·
Registered
158 Posts
With 40 miles on my new sled so far and one of the worst seasons for snowmobiling plus 50 degree's out with no snow in sight.Yeah I'm going to run to my dealer and be the first to sno check a sled for next season,especially one that has been redone from the ground up.I fell for the CK-3 hype back in 98',not again,I'm going to sit back on this one and wait and see what happens next winter.
If it turns out to be like this winter than I will have the last laugh.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Rick M, right on.  Ski-Doo believe it or not, has some real issues this year.  They are having trouble with recoils, jetting, MPEM, and performance on "some" of their models.  I was in the local dealer yesterday, and the mechanics are having a terrible time getting some of the new 800's and 01 800's with, and without DPM, to run correctly.  Jetting has become an issue with Mikuni, not Ski-Doo, but let me be the first to tell you, if we had a big snowfall winter, there would be a lot of people jumping ship.  When it comes to research and development, "WE" the buyer are It.  I cannot bash any product on this forum, but I really think Artic Cat, Yamaha, and especially Polaris have some great products out there.   Have you guys ever noticed how many more posts on are the Ski-Doo forums compared to the others?   HMMM, don't suppose that is because of trouble free riding do you?  Think about it.  Piece out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I work at a Polaris dealership and my new sled is a MXZ 600,why you ask?? Polaris warranty/customer service SUCKS!!! This is not on the Dealers side, but Polaris not covering things that are 100% Polaris's fault and all they can say is, "Well, you are the dealer, you pay for it". I plan on writing a 'nice' letter to them telling Polaris of my dissatisfaction with their customer service and including a pictue of my 'doo. I will not buy polaris again.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kid rocker,
There are more doo riders on this forum than you think.Just look at the topic "What do you ride",dont know where it is know,but it is way back.More doo riders than anything else.So thats why theres more posts.I don't think guys will jump ship because of a jetting issue.Back in the late 80s early 90s I think Polaris made the best machines.And know doo makes the best machines in my opinion.The rev will change the way all sleds are engineered in the future.You brand loyal diehards must open your mind up and testdrive other sleds,see what customer service satisfaction is like.I have an open mind about other brands and freely speak of liking the cats front ends.So don't come in here and basically say that doo is a low quality machine.I'm sure you will here from other people about your post.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
mxz7, I hope your not talking about me coming in here and saying "doo is a low quality machine".  I have ridden Ski-Doo for the last 10 years, and as you can see with my post I have a very open mind.  The jetting problem I said was Mukini's problem not Ski-Doo's.   I just happen to know a lot of people with series 3 twins that are having a lot of problems with there machines.  Yes, I would like to hear  from other people too.   I happen to know Three owners of dealers that have been open about the problems also.  Here are some examples, MPEM reprogramed, Re-jetting,recoil updates, exhaust pipe problems, DPM problems.   You see, this is an excellent site.  We can all help each other, not bash.  I am not bashing, just telling you the truth.   I personally don't think the rev will change the way "all sleds" are engineered in the future.  I hope not.  In my opinion you will never win a drag race with that chassis.  Snocross is only one part of racing.   I think you will see more with the RX-1 than any other snowmobile.  Now that is an open minded statement.  I am not sold on the four stroker yet.  I have had the great opportunity to ride 3 of the other brand sleds, and I can honestly say when it comes to performance just choose your color.  They are all very close.   The rev is a great snocross sled, nothing more.  It is made to jump, and corner.  IMHO, grass drags, and Ice drags will not run these sleds.  I have also been told by two of the dealers I know that there will be no more triples for next year.   This is going to make a lot of people very upset.   So now, you tell me who is BRAND LOYAL.   Piece out.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
People are drag racing the new Sno Pro 2002, albeit only 7. You can lower and get alot of track on the ground with only the two inches of travel required for stock racing, in fact more than some so called long tracks. People can get things to work with ingenuity. The Rev will be raced because it is lighter, guaranteed!
 The closer I am to the Rev the better it looks, and should go, but time will tell.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Of coarse i would buy a REV over a ZX.  Even though it hasnt been officially released yet you can bet its going to be better in everyway.  

Bombardiers engineers have made a sled that allows you to sit upright with your legs bent behind you insead of infront of you.  Sort of like an atv.  This position is very aggressive and will give anyone the edge in the corners but most importantly it will allow anyone with a weak back to ride because you can share the bumps between your legs and suspention.  Also because of this you should be able to transfer your weight faster and better.  There is a reason this sled has been winning races.  And regardless of what it looks like if your on a zx you will never see the front of this thing anyway unless its heading your way.

Look at its power to weight ratio and the weight reduction over the zx.  

Look at its kick ### suspention.  This sled is a performer and is a sled that will kick some ###.  

As for engine problems.

Bombardiers 800 twin is nothing but problems.  I once heard somewhere that having a piston over 350cc in a 2 stroke is not practical and causes a big loss in efficency.  And judging buy the problems i would say there not far of.  I would not buy anything bigger then a 700 twin anyway.  They moved to soon and to fast to the bigger cc.  If they had any brains they would have just left the twins at 700 and kept the 800 triple in all the sleds.  What do you need a 800 for in a snowcross aplication.  The 700 and 800 are so close its not even an issue at the tracks.

As for the sleds looks.  You cant really say its ugly.  Its diffrent. I thought the ZX was ugly when it first came out but after seeing it in person i really saw what a great design it was.  Personnally i think this new sled is sharp and is what a snowcross machine should be.  

But with yamaha going one way and arctic cat going an other if skidoo is going to remain competitive there going to need to go this way.  

I think next year i will buy a 700 or 600 MXZ REV to replace my touring.  I dont care if its only the first year.  Thats what R&D does and they drive them way harder then we would ever.  And if somthing breaks first year its normally not an issue getting it fixed.  If no one ever bought first year nothing would ever be made.  

Now if they put a 800 triple into a ZX then that would be the sled to buy.  It might happen.  The 800 triple is despretly looking for a new home and the ZX is still to good to through out.  Imagin a ZX with a-arms and a triple.  WOW.  

As for now my CK3 is still my fave.  Nothing i have ever ridden compairs to this sled.  Most of it is because of the engine but the chassie design is up there as well.  It is roughly the same age as the ZX.  

And lastly i still thing skidoo has somthing major up there sleves.  Be it DFI, Or a Mach 3 or some sort of 4 stroke will just have to wait and see.  And this whole yamaha RX-1 still sound to good to be true to me but to me yamaha is not an option.  I love my 2 stokes and i love bombardier.  They never let me down yet.  So even if this yamaha RX-1 is as great as they say it will be i will not buy one because 4 strokes are just not my idea of snowmobiling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
(  The rev is a great snocross sled, nothing more.  It is made to jump, and corner.  IMHO, grass drags, and Ice drags will not run these sleds.)

The rev is the best all around sled and the rx1 is basicly a lake racer but with the rev only 450 pounds and 140+ hp the power to wieght ratio is great plus you get the best chassis on the planet!!  and we hope to have ours for grass dragging asp!! and look at the riders postion you sit over the 9 inch drivers not the center shock like everyone else and thats what makes this sled handle and ride better than anything out on the market

·
Registered
555 Posts
The REV will work excellent for Trails, Ditches, Snowcross and all around riding. They engineered Balance into the machine first, then made it as light as possible. Even on a lake bed wide open this sled will Doo wonders. Snowmobiles definitely have moved towards Specific Application Builds. You would not use a touring sled for snowcross, etc.  There are ads out for the new Ski-Doo REV with the 800 in it already. (one on p.14 March 02 Snowgoer)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
dfi800, have you actually ridden or raced this sled against anything?  Why are you saying that it is the best chassis on the planet, according to who?  I am not attacking you, but you sure seem to have a lot of seat time and straight line racing under your belt to make a blanket statement like that.  At least I said IMHO, which simply means: In my honest opinion.  So is yours an opinion, or fact.  I have not ridden one of these yet, but can't wait.  Like I said, I am not trying to start an argument over this, but I can't wait to see you grass drag this thing either, and certainly hope you do well. By the way, is that you in the picture?  It does look different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anybody know if Doo's going to release the whole line Feb. 1st, or are they just going to show the new "Rave"?  My dealer doesn't know, and can't say if it is an "X only chassis.
Hopefully they keep the ZX X chassis for the standard and a 700.  It seems kinda wierd if they don't have  700.

·
Registered
442 Posts
in DFI800's post the pic of the riding position comparing the ZX chassis vs. the rev

it doesn't look like it will be very comfortable riding that thing if your just cruising down the trail with that sled it doesn't look like you would be able to sit back and enjoy the ride because of the riding position and the angle of the seat it looks like the angle of the seat would cause a high chance of crushing your balls on the gas tank and what about the larger riders i dont think you could fit anyone on that sled taller than 6-4 comfortably anyways

just look at how the guy is sitting on the REV it dont look very fun does it? unless your are riding aggressively all the time did anyone happen to notice where the knees of the person on that REV are it looks like they will be getting smashed into the dash area on that sled Ouch!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at it I think that the REV seating position is great, I always ride with my legs back when I'm riding really hard, as of late I've been doing it less, though as it was pretty hard on the knees.  I look forward to sitting on one and riding it, too.  But I would definately like both of these things to happen before any cash changes hands.  Who knows, this new sled could be a totale blast to ride!!  I could see a cut down seat to "fit" the sled to the rider.  Cool stuff happening guys, even if there is no snow!  

·
Registered
279 Posts
The riding position looks great, just like your setting on a dirt bike, legs in the perfect position to absorb the bumps. My only concern is possibility of higher center of gravity with the rider sitting so high. I wonder if they could or would squeeze a triple in there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts