Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my ultra Hook but i think i have make a big error... I have an SRX 700 98...I have cut the end of my grip, following instruction, for putting my ultra Hook. i saw that i have cut a wire and the entire grip have wire passing through... My handwarmer will still Work???.. I hope.... I saw no instruction about this...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Unfortunately, if you cut a wire, I really doubt your handwarmer will still work.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
you should have cut the whole grip off, i guess. but it isn't a mistake if you learned something. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you just trimed the middle of the end of the grip. inside the center of the handle bar you should be fine. Yamaha runs their wires through their grips, there is no wires inside the bars. I have always install bar ends on my yamaha's including my 2000rsx and rx1 and have had no problems.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh S*** 50$ in the trash.. Thx guys.. and hauler, i have made what you said with my other grip. Just make a bigger hole in the grip and put the Ultra hook... Im lucky, i have wait before cutting the other grip :))))

I'm not sure but Yamaha are surely the only manufacturer that have grip like that... Im just frustrated that ultra Hook didnt come with some information about that... they just said " Cut the grip flush to handlebar" That's it !

no regard to what type of sled you have or grip.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts