Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil warning light came on last night while I went for a short ride. I guess the fun we've been having was "more" than I realized. Did a little unplanned 20 mile cross country yesterday - I just planned a short spin but ended up going and going. Long time since the snow has been this nice in November to cruise cross-country. Plenty of depth for a cushion with enough substance (from wind and previous warmth) to prevent ground chatter.

It's horse-killing snow for sure. Might leave if it warms, but it's fun for now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Very true, global warming is crap.... we are getting more snow this year than in the past 3 years combined, and i hope mother nature keeps this trend up, usually we get a piddly 5.6 inches in december but we have 24 inches on the ground not the 48 inch record, but its something nice..... i know its not alot compared to alaska and the U.P. and the north east, but hey, we can get just as much snow if we want. ha ha

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here we go again... Look at the polar ice caps melting.. Just because it's snowing in your backyard doesn't mean global warming isn't happening.... It's not political rehtoric, it's fact...the serious debate has quietly ended. Global warming, even most skeptics have concluded, is the real deal, and human activity has been causing it... WAKE UP

·
Registered
361 Posts
drumroll please..........its like the calm before the storm! global warming or not, let's all try and get out there and have some fun while it is here and be responsible always!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm all for getting out and enjoying it... I"m not giving up my toys to fight global warming.. I don't think if all snowmobiles ceased to exist it'd make a damn bit of difference.. That however, doesn't change the fact that the ice caps are melting and global warming is real.. I'm not trying to start a fight either... It's just that the evidence is overwhelming now..

·
Registered
629 Posts
Volcanoes put out more CO2 than all the cars and industry in the world combined. People are causing environmental problems but climate change is not one of them. We should all be more concerned about the amount of garbage we dump in our lakes and oceans but it is not trendy right now to crusade for that. Not to long ago the earth went through a period of cooling it was called the little ice age but that is always forgotten by the left wing. The fact is we have not tracked weather long enough to know what the earth is doing. The max we have recorded weather on a global scale is what 80 to 100 years. How can you presume to know what the earth is doing with a mere 100 years of data? The left wing would have us cripple out economy buy putting absurd unreachable goals on industry causing millions of layoffs but hey the leftwing crusaders don’t have to worry about losing their jobs and feeding their families. All I want is more research before we overreact and kill out economy but the fact I suggest that makes me the devil.

Sorry this issue makes me nuts, I have a real tree hugger where I work and we get into it all the time.

(Steps down from soap box now)

·
Registered
335 Posts
The "more" reasearch you want is already out there...The "left" isn't making the ice caps melt nor are they saying that a volcano isn't a contributing, or a major cause.. This isn't a left/right debate anymore and it's not a matter of being "trendy" .. People ARE causing climate change and that issue is no longer up for debate (except here) I'm going to stop posting on this subject and on this thread before it turns ugly.. I only ask that you get up to speed on WORLD views and research that is current on the subject before claiming global warming is a political agenda for the left/right or any other political party for that matter.. There's still a flat earth society out there too ya know

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
There's still a flat earth society out there too ya know[/b]
LOL, I was going to make a joke about the earth being flat too, and of course, let's not forget that it was made in 6 days too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Only time will tell, you can believe global warming is really happening.... believe the lie.... i'm all for another ice age... global warming will be the death of the human race.... i'm personally not gonna let that happen, with the way emissions are getting strict, and how the tree huggers are really pushing for electric cars..... just as long as sleds arent electric.... we should be on a good foot forward.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very true, global warming is crap.... we are getting more snow this year than in the past 3 years combined, and i hope mother nature keeps this trend up, usually we get a piddly 5.6 inches in december but we have 24 inches on the ground not the 48 inch record, but its something nice..... i know its not alot compared to alaska and the U.P. and the north east, but hey, we can get just as much snow if we want. ha ha[/b]

Basing global warming on 4 years of data??? Global warming isn't like fliping a light switch, now its here/ now its not. If there is global warming their looking at 1000's of years of data and who knows which direction where truly going. We probably wont know in our life time. If the last 100 years a place averags 50 inches and the next 100 years it avearges 47 in. That is just an average which we rarely see because that number is always dirived from lows and highs. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Basing global warming on 4 years of data??? Global warming isn't like fliping a light switch, now its here/ now its not. If there is global warming their looking at 1000's of years of data and who knows which direction where truly going. We probably wont know in our life time. If the last 100 years a place averags 50 inches and the next 100 years it avearges 47 in. That is just an average which we rarely see because that number is always dirived from lows and highs. Just my .02[/b]
If you think it's based on 4 years of data you really haven't been paying attention.

·
Registered
70 Posts
global warming is a fact.

thinking its caused 100% by humans, thats like saying bald eagles are vegitarians...try 1%. climate changes, We dont know next year the ice caps could all freeze up and hopefully all the liberals are up there "investigating" it would make me happy...

if your a liberal, make sure you have your snowmobile with you, but good luck running it on ethanol :)

besides, if snowmobiling isnt possible, my firearm hobby has been on hold for about 4 months now...:) and while i want a good winter, i cant wait till april when i can get out on my bicycle :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This thread was not started nor ever intended to be a debate about global cycles. The evidence that they have happened in the Arctic is not easily debatable. I am content to believe that they are very real and that we are, indeed, in a warming trend at this point (inspite of it being quite deeply sub-zero Fahrenheit this morn. It's also blowing along with it, something we normally don't get when it gets very cold. That's not "normal" !?)

In any case, right after I posted the original post, we got a week of "global warming," it rained, and the nice-for-November cushion of snow we were enjoying, left us.

Another week later, it snowed some more for a week. Now it's colder than Neptune's nipples and blowing. Ice on the ocean is growing thicker by the day. That's later than some years, earlier than a few. In half an hour I need to go start two snowmachines so both my wife and I can get to work. I fear another three Ibuprofen morning. Such is life. But we're riding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts