Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could get back one snowmobile from your past,which one would you try to get back and why?  

A

·
0 Posts
I would take back my 93 Prowler.  That machine was a good ditch banger.

·
Registered
959 Posts
my 73 rupp 400 nitro first sled and it was stll alive till last year when the track came off
:(

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jdsmi @ Aug. 23, 2002, 7:23pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would also like to have my John Deere Spitfire back.  That thing was a blast to ride!  Get stuck?  Pick it up and throw it back on the trail.  You'd better be hanging on when the throttle was cracked or you were sitting in the snow.  I could go on...[/b][/quote]
What was the top end on yours?  My sportfire maxed out at about 40mph.  First time on it I found the top end and wanted more.......

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would also like to have my John Deere Spitfire back.  That thing was a blast to ride!  Get stuck?  Pick it up and throw it back on the trail.  You'd better be hanging on when the throttle was cracked or you were sitting in the snow.  I could go on...

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
01 edge X 600, im still sniffing over her.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Oh yea and my old XLT was a great machine too, sniff sniff

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a 1976 Skidoo 340 RV free air that was unbelievibly fun to drive. Wasn't fast on the top-end,but gettin' up to trail speed was alotta fun! Cornered super for a buggy spring sled. I believe it crunched a tree the winter after I sold it. Too bad. RB

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That would be my ole mans '77 AC Cross Country cat.  It was a liquid cooled 340 twin(huge twin carbs and twin pipes stock).  That thing flat out rocked!!  
Reason I wish we still had it?  Simple, that thing would absolutely dominate its class, and probably even the next class up, in drags and radar runs. hehe

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Now that I think about it, I can't remember if that sled was a '71 or '77?
 I am getting the years from the Cross country cat and my old JD Trailfire mixed up....  I'm thinking the cat was the '71 the more I think about it.

Any of you remember??

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My '95 MXZ 440. A huge improvement in handling from my '90 Mach 1.

·
Registered
278 Posts
73 Ski-Doo T'NT 400 F/A   Extremely fast for its time.

·
Registered
757 Posts
phazerhater - I remember AC had a Cross-Country Cat in the late 70's (cool looking sled) but I don't recall them using that name in the early 70's.  You're probably correct with the '77 CC Cat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts