Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 99 500 XC SP from a guy I know.  I put a few hundred miles on it last month and one time I went to turn it off, it wouldnt.  Neither the key nor the kill switch work.  I checked all ground wires and they all looked ok.  I had to choke it.  I guess I'd need a wiring diagram to figure it out.  Anybody have any ideas?  What do you guys think about this particular model?  Thanks.

Brad

·
Registered
165 Posts
I rember reeding somthing about this on a diferent sec i think it was ac . the answer was somthing to do with the grounding of the cdi but im not sure ask in genarel snowmobilling .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Locate the CDI box's black wire, unplug it.  Start the engine and ground the wire to the chassis or engine. If the engine kills your problem is in your kill switch, throttle safety switch, or your ignition switch. If the engine continues to run, the CDI unit must be replaced. Check all parts of the harness up through the handlebars for a break in that black wire. If there's a kill teather added on, check that too. Iv'e seen those bullet connectors appear ok but are broke inside. Hope I could help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts