Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the timing specs for a '73 el-tigre 340 f/a, cdi ignition? If you have the static specs (thousandths of an inch) that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
Was 73 a cdi ignition? My book shows ithad points. Point gap .012-.016. Timing BTDC .015" measured at retard. Plug gap .020-.024. That is for the t1a340f1 engine. The only model for 73 that says may have cdi is the t1a440f2 I also have the t1d340f1 which is point gap .012-.016 timing BTDC 5degree's measured at retard plug gap .020. Hope this helps. Kevin

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, here's what I came up with for a 1973 El-Tigre 340 F/A with CDI ign.

Model T1C340 = 25* or .139"

Model T7B340 = 12* or .033"

Auggie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks alot for the quick responses! The engine model is TIB340RS1. It has cdi igniton and dual mikuni 34mm carbs. I know it has cdi for sure because I put new end seals in it last winter. The free air sleds aparently had different cranks too because the replacement center seal had too small of a id, so I ended up just installing new O-rings on the old aluminum center seal. Anyways it runs good, but I haven't been able to set the timing because I haven't found specs on it. Just tigged up a set of pipes for it over summer and would like to tune on it soon. If I can't get the timing specs for it, at least I have a clue approximately where to start. Thanks.

Here's a couple links I came across with old Cat specs:
Cat engine applications
Cat engine models

My old sled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts