Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?[/b]
I went on the DNR site and seen # 4 area , that's far south of me but if your looking to ride for hours and hours you should consider looking around Mc Henry , Rockford area for when we do get some snow we have more bars and sights to see and visit than most other places i have ridden before and just west of me the trails get groomed pritty well. Happy sleding Dave.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I went on the DNR site and seen # 4 area , that's far south of me but if your looking to ride for hours and hours you should consider looking around Mc Henry , Rockford area for when we do get some snow we have more bars and sights to see and visit than most other places i have ridden before and just west of me the trails get groomed pritty well. Happy sleding Dave.[/b]

me and a buddy of mine would like to go to mchenry and ride but dont know the trails. do you know where to get a map or anything? maybe you could show us around if we ever get snow

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?[/b]
#13 on that map is Rock Cut State Park. It is NO LONGER a snowmobile riding area. They closed it down 3 years ago. People were parking in the park and accessing the local clubs trail system. The sledders were NOT returning from their rides before the park closed for the evening. Ranger locked a bunch of trucks and trailers in overnight, and someone drove their truck and trailer thru the locked gate. That ended that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Crystal Lake, IL (in McHenry County) and I would love to jump on trails like that, the map link isnt working, could you give me some advice on where to jump on these trails. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts