Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY!! After years of wanting/waiting I finally have a sled. Just bought a 2001 600 Grand Touring. Pic attached was ripped off from ebay but is exactly identical to mine.
Considering we have almost 7-8 months of winter I think it was a great decision to finally make.
Anyways, complete sled newbie here so I'm sure I'll be posting once in a while with some dumb questions. No mods planned for now, I'll just enjoy what I have.
Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by worb@Nov 25 2002, 08:23 PM
YAY!! After years of wanting/waiting I finally have a sled. Just bought a 2001 600 Grand Touring. Pic attached was ripped off from ebay but is exactly identical to mine.
Considering we have almost 7-8 months of winter I think it was a great decision to finally make.
Anyways, complete sled newbie here so I'm sure I'll be posting once in a while with some dumb questions. No mods planned for now, I'll just enjoy what I have.
Cheers!!
Congrats worb. Now run over to your "My Controls" link and enter some location info so we can can ask you about trails near you... :p :p :p

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Good to see you picked the right brand :) Bring on all your questions as I am sure there will be many answers. Welcome.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome to the sport! I just entered it again after 29 years,, :inlove: with my new Ski-Doo!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops... forgot to ask.... does anyone know what the HP rating on this machine would be?

Funny, it came down to this machine and (dare I say it...) an Arctic Cat ZR500. I found it to be a really strange comparison cause I found them completely different. Kinda comparing a dirt bike to a cruiser?

I tried adding in my location, not sure if it will show.... but I'm in the South Slave area of the Northwest Territories, Canada. Yes, this is north of 60, and yes, we do have LOTS of snow already, approx 2.5 feet. It has been a mild "fall" (it's only -10C right now) so the sledding is excellent.
Tons of trails and back country around here, that's all there is. Plus the Great Slave Lack is frozen in alot of portions so basically you can go for ever. Should be fun!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im not 100% but i would say the HP is around 110-115 on your machine.

I had that same sled except it was 2000. It handles really well. You cant tell its a touring. Even with a second person on it it handles well. Feels like a Mxz. It can hit speeds of 160km.

Your going to love it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I dont think it was quite that much Marty. The #s were like 108hp. Just what I heard from the dealer. The Poos would not have spanked us so bad if we had that much. ???

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
welcome aboard..and no such thing as a dumb question,dont be shy to ask anything,the guys are all great here at trying to help oneanother out...good luck with the sled :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome worb :) congrats on selecting the rite brand (Ski Doo :inlove: )

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrat's on the new sled! I'm kinda "in" now too. Sold my snopro, so I'll be sledless for at least the next two winters (new baby coming). But I think I'll be getting a Doo for my next sled.
My forum name use to be Greenstreak, but I had it changed. This is my first post as YellowBelly! How do you like my new name? :D
SWRules

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good luck with your new toy. I am in the same boat as you with my first sled also. You will find that this site and its' members are the BEST!! SNOW ON!!!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Welcome aboard worb. Nice sled, mines a 99' 700cc. But like Machzzzz said, it doesn't feel like a two up.

My buddies hate it, when I beat them in a race on the snow-mo-couch.

We have lots of canucks on board, but not many from as far north as you are.

FishHog

1 - 17 of 17 Posts