Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' 600 ZR from day one my left water trap has been rubbing on the frame and eventually rubs a hole halfway down on the water trap (leaking gas) I have gone to Arctic Cat for the "updated version" the only difference is the updated version is a little thicker-----------what they don't understand is that the water trap is positioned directly above the frame, it sits at a 45 degree angle against the frame........the only thing that I have found that works is to cut the water trap off into a nub.........anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
884 Posts
That's about the best way to do it. I replace mine every year when I take my Carbs apart to clean them. Other than that, I don't know what else you could do.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I had the same problem on my 95 zrt800. My water traps just broke they didn't wear out from the frame. I cut them down to about 1 inch and it seemed fine. I now replace them everytime I take my carbs off for cleaning before the season starts, just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
To cure the same problem on my earlier ZR I took the trap off and slid a section of heavier fuel line over it then reinstalled. Lasted just fine.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mine do the same thing on my 00zr500. The last set of replacements i got are about an inch long already and heavier. Maybe making them shorter is ACs solution to.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The only problem with making them shorter is it doesn't leave much room for water/crud. Another idea might be to first shorten the hose and use a 45 deg elbow along with the piece you cut off to direct it where it won't be damaged.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think what ZR Sled Head says makes sense. You want room for the water.
Here's another idea. My ZRT came from the factory with a piece of flex tubing (the kind with a split in it that you run wiring through) around that hose. The frame won't rub through that.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You can buy the split tubing at most auto supply stores plus you may find other hoses and wires that would benefit from a little protection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts