Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some important news that I would like to share with all of the you;

Snowmobileworld.com has recently been acquired by a Toronto based company called VerticalScope. I can tell you through personal experience the people at VerticalScope are great to work with and they are very knowledgeable too. They have a lot of experience developing and managing online communities and are sincerely interested in helping this site continue to grow and reach its full potential, with some of the latest tools and functionality.

As you may have already noticed, Steve Ingram (AdminSteve), has joined the SW team and is your new administrator. He and the moderators will assist with any questions and/or matters of policy that you might have.

The decision for this ownership change did not come lightly. As many of you know, I greatly value the friendly community atmosphere we have built here. While I know I will truly miss running SW, I feel compelled to step down due to my own personal issues.

I wish to thank EVERYONE here for their absolute dedication and devotion for SW. I can only hope that you all will stay put and continue to grow with the site and into the future. Rest assured that your existing moderators won't change, and neither will the spirit or friendship that has built this website.

Again, I appreciate your help, support, and friendship from each and every one of you.

Corey

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
That is Big news indeed ! WOW ! I would first like to Welcome our new Administrator. Welcome to our family Steve !

Cory, I know I speak for everyone in the SW family when I say "Thank You" for everything. It's kind of funny but I really do feel a loss and gain with this news. It's a bittersweet thing Iam sure.

Although I have never met you, I have heard only good and I know I have witnessed you build an online SW family that I am proud to be apart of. For that, Again, I thank you !

I wish you all the Best with Everything !
SWRules SWRules
Snow4

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
^^^Thanks for the welcome!

I would like to take this time to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Steve Ingram and I am the forum manager here at Vertical Scope. My duties involve Administrating approx. 40 various automotive, sports and technology forums. I am very experienced in administrating and will be actively involved in the snowmobileworld community however not always by means of posts. Not only am I here to provide you with suggestions and support, I will also be keeping you well informed on any upgrades, changes, bugs etc etc.
I have already had the oppurtunity to meet the staff here and they spoke very highly of the community.
If you have any further questions about myself or Verticalscope please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That is Big news indeed ! WOW ! I would first like to Welcome our new Administrator. Welcome to our family Steve !

Cory, I know I speak for everyone in the SW family when I say "Thank You" for everything. It's kind of funny but I really do feel a loss and gain with this news. It's a bittersweet thing Iam sure.

Although I have never met you, I have heard only good and I know I have witnessed you build an online SW family that I am proud to be apart of. For that, Again, I thank you !

I wish you all the Best with Everything !
SWRules SWRules
Snow4[/b]
Yeah, What she said. Welcome Steve. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have some important news that I would like to share with all of the you;

Snowmobileworld.com has recently been acquired by a Toronto based company called VerticalScope. I can tell you through personal experience the people at VerticalScope are great to work with and they are very knowledgeable too. They have a lot of experience developing and managing online communities and are sincerely interested in helping this site continue to grow and reach its full potential, with some of the latest tools and functionality.

As you may have already noticed, Steve Ingram (AdminSteve), has joined the SW team and is your new administrator. He and the moderators will assist with any questions and/or matters of policy that you might have.

The decision for this ownership change did not come lightly. As many of you know, I greatly value the friendly community atmosphere we have built here. While I know I will truly miss running SW, I feel compelled to step down due to my own personal issues.

I wish to thank EVERYONE here for their absolute dedication and devotion for SW. I can only hope that you all will stay put and continue to grow with the site and into the future. Rest assured that your existing moderators won't change, and neither will the spirit or friendship that has built this website.

Again, I appreciate your help, support, and friendship from each and every one of you.

Corey[/b]
You made this a great site to be a member on, and I thank you for all of the time tat you spent and I hope that you stay a member of Snowmobile World. I have only been on this site for less than a year, and I have developed great relationships that I feel will last for a long time. Even though you may not think that you helped out in any way, but the truth is that you made everything possible. You have kept this site safe, secure, and appropriate for all-ages, and I commend you for that.
thanks for the memories, and this fantastic site!
I would also like to say welcome to our new Administrator!

-Frank

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks for the great site Corey, you will be missed.

On the other hand, we openly welcome you steve!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
All the best with your retirement from S/W Corey. I wish you great adventures in everything you take on, happiness, good fortune & health.

Welcome To the helm Steve, I'll try to behave myself under the new management. :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Wow, wasnt expecting this!! This is the first forum that I joined and actually got involved with, the reason being that it was run so well. Hope it dont change much!! Corey, hope you get your personal issues taken care of and continue to visit the site. You've done a great job over the 5 or so years Ive been here, always looked forward to the updates that you did to the site every year. I didnt talk to you much, usually only when I had a problem and you were always quick to answer. Thanks again and good luck!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol...i agree with everyone and i do hope it doesnt change to much at least so the "technologically challenged" can handle it....lol.....i also have not been on long and i have only met a handful of you personally but this IS by far the best site...not only for snowmobiliers but anyone looking to make some really good friends that will last and always be here.......you guys ROCK!!! :D :inlove: SWRules SWRules SWRules SWRules

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Not to worry, Corey and the crew knew how to run things. I cant forsee any changes to the forums. Maybe a little this and that as we all move ahead but just the normal stuff.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not to worry, Corey and the crew knew how to run things. I cant forsee any changes to the forums. Maybe a little this and that as we all move ahead but just the normal stuff.[/b]
Sounds like a good game plan to me.
SWRules

-Frank

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
corey, thank you for all you did for SW. you put a lot of time and money into something for all of us to call home when we are online. you will be missed but im am sure you made your decision wisely and knowing that it may be the best for SW.

good luck and we hope to see you still kicking around.

welcome to the site Steve.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Corey good luck with whatever takes you away. I am sure it is bittersweet for you also. You will miss some and be glad not to have to deal with others. I am hoping you will still stick around so the new people will know who actually started this great site.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Corey ... thanks for growing and nurturing SW into what it is, a place many of us are quite comfortable calling their internet home. I've met alot of SW'ers, all great people, all good friends.

Cheers, and all the best for any of your future endeavours.

Michael

Oh yeah, welcome Steve. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
You built an awesome site Corey, taht is something you can always be proud of.
Good luck on your new adventures , just wish I could have beat you Asteroids lol

MXZOOoom

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well to mirror what has already been said, thanks so much Corey for creating and constantly improving this site we call home with pride. That pride comes from the feelings of family that we all share with the regular posters and those that have joined the family as time went on. Me being one of those.

That could only have happened for several reasons. First and foremost, the rules that were drafted and closely monitored by Corey and our great Moderators and adjusted as needed.
Without feeling safe to post our feelings and knowing that the NO Bashing rule would be enforced, that family atmosphere could never have flourished as it has.

Secondly, the great people that post here. They are all knowledgeable and go out of their way to share that knowledge with others. They have a great sense of humour that can make the 9 to 10 months known as the No Snowmobiling Season, bearable. They show genuine sympathy and empathy for others that have suffered a loss. They reach out with whatever they can share, be that kind words or money to those less fortunate.

I too wish you success Corey in whatever takes you down that road of Life. It would be nice if you can continue to post on here and stay in touch. Maybe with you having fewer site maintenance duties, you'll have more time to post.

And lastly, welcome Steve. I trust Corey's judgement in selling the site to VerticalScope and that they will maintain the site for our pleasure and use. Steve, you'll have to start a post to let us know a little about yourself. Are you a sledder? Do you reside near Toronto? What brand of sled do you ride? (If you do.) Where do you ride? Etc. Etc.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
If you guys have any questions for us or AdminSteve feel free to ask. We will do our best to answer.

and remember SWRules

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
You've done a great job w/ this site Corey and thanks for all YOU
have done for me I appreciate it very much!!! Welcome aboad
Adminsteve I'm sure you'll blend in just fine here! Are there
gonna be any changes to the site? Or are you gonna keep
everything the way it is now? Just curious. Dave

1 - 20 of 42 Posts