Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we did our friendly grass drags with some of the guys i ride with today and i hate to admit it but a rx1 was
the winner.It was well broke in and far from stock but it won the 500 and 660 ft runs we were doing.Not by much but winning is winning.In stock form it would have gotten smoked, but with some mods they are actually pretty quick out of the hole and have some impressive low end.
It didn't have the fastest radar time but it was first to the line.This winter might be very interesting if guys get these things figured out ???

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
z800rtx,could you pm my buddy GO4IT with what was done to the rx1,his father in law is getting one and is thinking of some mods for it,wont be long before we can use it :p

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sleds running the Rx1 are in the order they finished in.
-mxz 800
-srx 700
-xcr 800
-mach z
-zl 800
-xc 700
-form 3 600
-sxr 700
The rx1 was geared lower,straight helix,a srx skid in it and it was lowered quite a bit.It beat the mxz by not even half a sled length.All sleds were stock besides being clutched,studded and some were running different gearing than stock,but all were running what they run on the trail other than the rx1.
The rx1 has also been run in a fair number of grass drags already this season as well :sarcasm:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We just got back from the Grass drags at Fenelon falls and Ian Tommasi cleaned up again this year. There was a guy there with a new RX-1 . He left freaking out on his way to the dealer to return what he called a POS as he was getting blown away by 600's. Maybe his was not set up right I dont know but he was one unhappy camper.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you have that fond feeling to wards the Rx-1 maybe you buy one .Yamaha sent Daylton ind.out to Alaska 10 days ago to try and get to work.It is yet to win a grass drag down east,for the srx`s are killing it .In P.E.I. two week ago the f-7 too 700s,700triple,800 stockand that guy would still have 2,500 dollars +tax for mods if needed,what I I`m getting at it apears to be apurpose built machine (which is not a racing ) with out throwing a bunch of money at after paying $14,375.00 to own one that can`t even come near the top of its class in perforance as many owners were lead to beleive .It will do the job it was designed for just fine ,but I don`t think it will ever replace SRX in perforance for it let big shoes to fill...(that price is in Canadian dollars with tax nothing else)..just mine 2 scents worth....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey caper I'd love to run into you this winter. As for its performance I believe it will be a big surprise for many this winter. It has been said many times by others, look at most first year sleds the tuning leaves much to be desired. The power levels will increase much more than we are accustomed to after break in. (the neighborhood of 8-10hp) seems to be the number.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i dont think the rx1 was meant for short drags,its a high mileage cruising(performance)sled,with strong midrange and top end,there have been mixed results with the drags,some are doing good and some are not

·
Registered
756 Posts
heres mine this morning before i rode it 10 mi

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am jealous, it only gets down to 40 degrees over night where I'm at.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't say i like them that much caper ??? All i was saying is that with a few mods they may actually move pretty good as it hooked up and pulled better out of the hole than any of the sleds there :0: It had a slower mph
than the rest at 660 but it was there first.
I still think they are alot of cash for what you are getting but that goes for yamaha's whole line up.I was only trying to give first hand info and i actually had to eat crow cause i've been bashin the rx1 and yamaha in general :(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mxz900...did you take the snowflap off?

·
Registered
756 Posts
nope never put it on as I'm changing the track one of these days. 700-9846 .725 predator w/192 1.175" till the snow gets deep. :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Nice job z800rtx, I didn't think you had it in you :D

I sure hope machzzzz1 didn't see that there was an almighty MachZ in the mix :devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts