Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? I"m thinking of buying a mach 1 or z for my next purchase, can somebody tell me what there like for reliability , the years am looking at is 98-01 . ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Mach is a strong running sled. I gad a Mach Z and with a few modification it was the fastest running sled I have ever owned or in the Group I ride with (I ride with a 800ZRT,700SRX,700XP,700ZR) you get the idea and my Mach walked away from them all. The only Issues/Problems I had with my MachZ was that it fowled plugs all the time and the other problem I had was the weight of the sled, its a heavy [email protected]#ch.

·
Registered
296 Posts
the 98s are not as bad as everyone says....especially if its still running. that means it had all its updates....once all the little stuff is taken care of, electrical connections,wires fraying etc. then its a fun,fast sled. there was an oiling issue where the outside crank bearing was failing due to a lack of oil. i would check into that and see if its been done. i have a 98 that has all the updates but never touched inside the motor except for a top end. it has 5000 miles and still flies.i turned up the oil pump a notch. i will never sell that thing since my mxz twin does not compare on the lakes. besides there are so many 98s for sale, u just have to look and have a bit of luck and get a good one. also make sure its jetted right and the plugs are gapped at .018, u shouldnt foul plugs unless u let it sit there idling for a while. heck there is a guy on this forum with over 20,000 miles on his 98!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts