Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two days on the far South side of Indianapolis my daughter and me put over 100 miles on the sled on the county roads. This is the first time in the 4 years I've been sledding we've been able to do this. It's funny the looks we got from people out shoveling their drives. We passed a few police officers ( I was a bit worried, we're not supposed to be on the roads in Marion County on any ATV or Sleds), but they just waved and went on. The schools were out Tuesday and Wednesday and presented us a unique opportunity to sled from our garage. I even got approached by a man who wanted to buy our sleds. All I could say was "Sorry they are not for sale". I hope this happens again some time!!!

snow_bone

·
Registered
252 Posts
thats awesome!!!!!! i guess we don't realize how lucky we are up here in canada eh!!!! i have a trailer for our sleds,the only time i use it is when i put the sleds away for the summer.it is great just going out to the shop pulling the cord and going.i live in a small town where the streets are covered pretty much all winter and the trails are a block away from the house.we go out every night after supper for a ride,and pretty much live on them on the weekend.this year has been great in midwestern ontario,we truly have been blessed here this year.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
For the last two days on the far South side of Indianapolis my daughter and me put over 100 miles on the sled on the county roads. This is the first time in the 4 years I've been sledding we've been able to do this. It's funny the looks we got from people out shoveling their drives. We passed a few police officers ( I was a bit worried, we're not supposed to be on the roads in Marion County on any ATV or Sleds), but they just waved and went on. The schools were out Tuesday and Wednesday and presented us a unique opportunity to sled from our garage. I even got approached by a man who wanted to buy our sleds. All I could say was "Sorry they are not for sale". I hope this happens again some time!!!

snow_bone[/b]
need to come north a lil' and ride in some better snow.

·
10,054 Posts
We have been doing the same thing around here since last Tuesday,,,, schools here were cancelled from Tuesday clear through the end of the week. They start back up Monday,,,
We have fence rows with 10 to 15 foot drifts in them,,, we have been stuck a couple of times and its fun putting them in there,,,, but not near as much fun getting them out w00t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts