Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Indy 440 starts to bog down in deep snow. It bogs on so much that it will not turn the track but if you get off  and lift the back end up and get it spining it will go no problem. it just bogs down off the start but once you get it going it runs great, there are no screens in my hood  could that be a reason ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
chev            
 I have a indy 500 and it bogs down just like you said.  Mine has screens and it still does it.I am getting the primary clutch fixed up.  The weights are flat instead of round and one roller was wore right to the pin.  I will have my clutch back on on Friday night.  I will see how it works and if it helps then maybe you can get yours checked out to.  

·
Registered
791 Posts
How's your belt if it is worn to thin you will get a bog.  How is the primary clutch is the sheave to sheave clearance set properly if not you get a belt bog.  Take your clutch in and get it setup properly and or rebuild it if it needs it.  weights, rollers pins and bushings do it all at once but try a new belt for starters.  and make sure the carbs are in sync.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my brother had the same problem with his 580 ext. He changed all of the bushings in the secondary and solved the problem. It wasn't backshifting so it kept bogging in the powder. It would run great on the hardpack trail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only seems to do it when it is warm out, when it is cold it will run flawless, as long as i keep the track moving on warm days its fine it happens as soon as i stop any more suggestions ? and what can i do to make my 440 faster ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
How many miles on your primary clutch; do you maintain it (lube it) regularly? What condition are the clutch parts (rollers, bushings, pins, weights, etc), if there's wear that causes any extra friction you'll have problems.

What size are your main jets? Are they intended for temps many (20-60) degrees colder than what you run when the machine bogs?

Could be belt, too, as mentioned. I doubt it's a difficult problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts