Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the adjustment srews on the side of the carburators , is there a way to make the carbs syc by ear , or do you have to use the carb syc meter? Some of the machines I've had the instructions tell me to turn the srews two and a half times to the right on both carbs from the begining or something like that . I don't know????

·
Registered
52 Posts
the screws your talking about are the pilot air screws,they are at a 45 degree angle with a slot in the middle for a flat screw driver, most of the time polaris runs theres 1 turn out turn screw in until litely seated, back screw out 1 turn. if your sled dosent idle down right away go in 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn in.
use a uni sinc gauge to set idle and off idle to sinc carbs,the gauge cost about 25.00 bucks

·
Registered
791 Posts
In a jam I have just used my hand to check how much air the carbs are sucking in and syn. them this way. You just run the engine at idle placing your hand over the carb one at a time letting the engine stabilize inbetween and feel how much air the engine is taking in on each side adjust the idle screws until the idle is correct and both sides have the same sucking power. But you are better off the just go buy the 25 tool. Make sure your throttle cables are set up correctly or the sync will not be accurate a different levels after idle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Your best bet is to buy a carb syc., yiu can not hear if your your carbs are in sync. I pull both carbs out to the side and pull the throttle and see if they are pulling at the same rate. I made my own tool to sync my carbs, I hook it up to the vacuum on the carb. They sell the tool for about $50.00, it will save you from leaning it out to much. I start at 1 1/4 turn out and go from there.

just my .02

FZ700

1 - 4 of 4 Posts