Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I was wonderign what kind of clutch kit I could get for my 1994 Indy trail deluxe 500 f/c 133.5 inch track with ele.start/ reverse
brands that sell whole kits
or
any parts that would help with general performance e.g specific springs/ weights
thanks

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Yeah I was going to say that too but I thought someone else might have a better idea. I totally agree that the best thing for that primary clutch, especially for that engine, is find your Polaris clutching chart, choose the correct spring for your altitude, buy a new one. Then make absolutely certain that the correct weights for your altitude are installed per the clutching chart.

The secondary is another matter. That engine has a pretty narrow power band in my opinion and I think an aftermarket helix could improve the performance. I personally would email Jim at startinglineproducts.com (choose your favorite company and form of communication) and ask him which of their helix and spring combinations would be right for your sled. I'm not saying you should buy that, but I know from experience that you'll get a timely response. The cheapest good solution is buy a new stock secondary spring and clean your helix and replace the slider buttons. (parts diagrams at http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp and double check your clutching chart) But honestly I think most people would agree the stock secondary configuration on that sled is pretty, uh, basic. An optimized shift pattern would likely improve your performance noticeably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts