Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I´m new to snowmobiling and I was thinking which snowmobile is better; the Polaris Indy 500 1991 or the Polaris indy 650 triple 1991. Which one should I buy? (don´t have a lot of money :)

What do you think guys ???

Joi :thumbsup:

·
Registered
660 Posts
If your new to snowmobiling, go for the 500.

I have worked over several 650's, good strong runner for it's day, but can be troublesome.

The indy 500, Which was Polaris' best engine (the liquid fuji 488), Is an excellent mill. It has plenty of power and is very reliable.

They built and sold this engine for 11 years! Without any significant changes. Like I said, it's very reliable.

I have a 500 for my duaghter because I know the engine wont let her down in the middle of nowhere. Hands down one of the most reliable engines in the snowmobile industry.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I owned 2 91 Indy 500s before and they are great sleds :sly:You won't be disapointed

:hallo1:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had a 650 with alot of mods. Ran great when it was running. It was really quick. Go with the 500. You won't be sorry. Great trail sled with enough power. Also very reliable. Can't go wrong. :p SWRules

·
0 Posts
go with the 500, i have a 93 Classic and to date relacement parts are 2 recoils with rope, rad cap, rear gas shock, front coil springs, and a rebuild this year only because it had lost a little compression in one cylinder, very good working sled, wont let you down. Althought the rear suspention has much to be desired.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil: You won't be sorry with the 500 great tight twisty trail sled good power for a piston port 500 76 horsepower clutch them they'll hold there own and easy on gas NO SLED BUILT TUFFER MOST RELIABLE SLED EVER. know you'll love her i still love mine but if you can change the rear suspesion to a m10 your back will thank you at the end of the drive. have a great seson

1 - 11 of 11 Posts