Snowmobile World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a newer motor in by Bros sled it is out of a 1999 Indy 500 his was a 1990. Now what I came across was that this new motor he got came with the original carbs, and they have 340 mains in the original motor he was running 280 mains. Now I thought that they are identical motors and I would say should run the same jetting. This newer motor came from the same area so elevation and temp are not an issue as to the different main jet sizes. And they are both VM38 mm carbs? :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil: Hello i have a 1992 Indy 500 i had the engine completly over hald crank cylinders the hole 9 yards i run a 270 main with a 35 pilot jet and drive in elavations any were from 0 to 2000 feet the snowmobile works like a mint and has great performance if tuned correctly i wouldn't change any thing in the lines of his jetting but if i was him i would do a test just to make sure. Has he road it yeath is there a big diffrence compared to the old indy engine if there is please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing just rips with the new motor but we also updated the clutch with heavyer weights and set up the shim to .010" so I think this is where the added performance is coming from. But this new motor has much higher compression on the rope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts