Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have experienced any of the problems i have. My sled is a 2000 Indy xc sp 500 Anniversary.
I have a hesitation at about 5000-7000 rpm. This has been going on for two years. When the sled was new it ran great lot's of power for a 500. The second winter I had it one cylinder popped on me. I had it repaired by the dealer under warranty. It was a little while after this that I started noticing the hesitation. It seems to be ingesting snow dust and the carbs are freezing up. It is very hard to diagnose because one day it will run fine and the next day it will run like crap. And you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much fuel and oil I go through when it acts up.!!! I spoke directly to Polaris on several occasions. Some dealers I brought it to in Northern Ontario even charged me to look at the sled under warranty. I was not happy. We even went as far as changing the instument panel to 99' panel because the intake is at your knees instead of up under the windshield. Still no good. Has anyone seen this before???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keving. There is alot of great info at that site. My buddy has a 2001 xc 600 sp that was overheating and you may have found the solution to that problem as well. It's beyond me that polaris will not come forward, to my knowledge, and admit that these problems exist. Customer support is going out the door these days. I even mentioned the throttle position to my dealer on two occasions but he insisted that was not the problem. I asked him to check it so we could rule it out. Anyway thanks again for the info. SWRules

1 - 3 of 3 Posts