Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you that have picked up your revs have noticed that all of the welds on the A arms are rusting and the pant is flaking off even before you ride it. Anybody else fill their gas tank to find out that the fuel gauge only goes to half. How about the discoloring of the anodize on the X's on the gold ski legs. And what I see as the biggest problem, the fuel tank only holds 10.04 gals., not the 11.4 as advertised. How many people have noticed this and does anybody know if there are any plans to do anything about these issues? ???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They that no one else has said anything yet, and they will wait and see if ski-doo comes out with a bulletin. I am just wondering if anybody else has noticed.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thats funny, I got mine for 3 weeks now in the garage and I dont see any of the problems your mentioning. Not to mention my dealer has one on his front lawn and it sits there all day. There is no rusting or anything.

Maybe you got a Lemon, I would bring that in right away and demand a new machine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ya know what, i should have done that w/ my 01 mxz. i love that sled.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked at 4 rev dealer had out of crates 2 X,s and 2 sports, both X's had discolorization on legs and all had paint chipping and weld rusting? on a arms, plus all only had 10.04 gal fuel tanks! :cussing:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bobler,

I noticed the paint has flaked off the welds on the A arms on mine as well. Not rusting yet though. Looks like crap. Unacceptable for a new machine.

At the Toronto show yesterday one of the REV's on display had it. Unfortunately I didn't think to say anything. Obviously the E-coat rust proof primer they used isn't up to spec.

REV owners with this problem should email Bombardier on their site immediately.

Louis

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If I notice any of this you bet I will be emailing bombi, But I was outside looking again and I just havent seen anything that you discribed, THe a arm paint looks very good and clean. Maybe there was a batch made with defective primer.

Get me a picture of yours if you can and then ill send a message to bombardier to help you guys out.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Did you check out the one at H2O with chrome arms....sweet. Now thats the way Doo should have built em!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The only problem w/ chroming is hydrogen embrittlement can occur at welds. I have read about it in the past & it can cause the weld to break. I'm not really up on it. Maybe LadyK w/ her welding experience knows something about it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I noticed about the gas tank size, In different magazines they publish two different size tanks. I cant remember the mags but having a smaller tank sucks. Even snowtech said the rev would hold as much gas as ski doo said it would hold.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have three Rev's (two HO's and one 800) in my basement right now and all three have paint chipping from the welds on the a-arms. Not cool. We have not put gas in them to find out about the gas gauge. That's perfect! I guess we will be talking with the dealer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what did you guys expect!!!!!???? ITS A FIRST YEAR SLED! but its still unaccetable and it would #### me off extremely if i owned one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Someone has to step up and buy them! If everyone took the same stance as you, how would the machines get better? I am not real happy about it and digs like "what did you expect" don't help.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I bought a first year 700sx and never had a problem and I bought a first year mxz800 and I never had a problem. And the next time I buy a sled it will probaly be a first year sled. And for that phrase "what do u expect"? Quality. But all four manufactures do take short cuts to keep the cost of the sled down to the consumer. I would personaly have my sled weight 20lbs more and not have things break or bend.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
sledcrazy, Little harsh don't you think? Try putting yourself in their shoes for even just a second before posting something like that.............Rick. :( :angry:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
what did you guys expect!...ITS A FIRST YEAR SLED!
Can't believe you even said that. So this is the best we can expect out of a billion-dollar corporation? Inadequate testing of new products? Do their trains and planes fall under these same guidelines? I would hope not.
Unfortunately, tho, I think you are right. This is what you have to expect. It's all about money. It's more economical to push the sled out and deal with problems later than test for 10 years and deliver a perfect product. It's all business. Money is the root of all evil.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
about the tank,refer to the fine print in all sales litature.the other problems should be fixed if they do exist.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Oct 28 2002, 10:38 AM
Get me a picture of yours if you can and then ill send a message to bombardier to help you guys out.
Could you pass along the email address that you use to email Ski-doo? I'd like to email them my thoughts on the REV too. I'll be ordering a new sled next spring & not entirely sure what I'll get

another ZX based MXZ 600

or ZX Legend if no more ZX MXZs

REV based Legend if there is one

REV MXZ 600

Maybe I'll start a poll & you guys can decide for me :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Excuse me Rev.......AH Mr. Rev, I couldn't help but notice there are no A/C's on your wish list.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts