Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this site is great. I had a couple of questions. I have a 2006 GSX Limited with the 800 HO Engine.

I have absolutely no idea which injection oil to use from the XP-S lineup. I bought the sled last year and the dealer told me only to use the Mineral Oil in the sled. I ran a gallon through and then when I went to go buy another gallon, that dealer told me I had to use the full synthetic oil. I'm really not sure which one to use but I want to get it right to keep the sled running well.

Full synthetic, semi-synthetic, or the mineral? Someone help me out.

Thanks! For those of us sledding in vt, get excited for the 15 inches of snow in the forecast for Wed!

-Dave

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When it comes to new sleds, most will recommend a mineral oil for a quick proper break in. the sled will still break in with synthetic but not as quickly. The bombi synthetic is overpriced and still reeks like hell. IMHO I would use the Amsoil HP fully synthetic. It is reasonable and available in many places. Some will say run the interceptor as it is for engines with exhaust valves. I have been running the HP synthetic with no RAVE sticking problems ever. I just cannot justify the extra bling for the interceptor when the HP does just fine.

Permafrost

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so since the sled has already been broken in with 600 miles on mineral oil i should switch to the fully synthetic?

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
IMHO I would say yes, lower pouring points, and cleaner burning are just two benefits of full synthetic. :)

Permafrost

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice should i try to let it run as low as possible with the remaining oil and then fill or can it be mixed?

-dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
i would let it run low then add the synthetic you can mix the two though you should be fine.[/b]
If you are trying to decide if you should switch from the BOMBI oil, let a friend ride your sled and you follow for a mile or so, doing this will quickly make up your mind . THE BOMBI OIL STINKS WHEN IT BURNS !!!!!!!!!. I switched about 4 years ago for this very reason! I have been using the AMSOIL Intercepter ever since, GREAT OIL, no rave valve sticking, very little carbon buildup, reasonably priced and NO STINK !!!!!! Just my 2 cents ! Later Mark

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I run AMSOIL will great results...I've also run Torco Syn last year and this year and find it's great as well. Only reason I switched is because I get a break on the price of Torco Oils.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts