Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to beat an old horse to the ground but I am thinking of switching injector oil brands. I have a 1998 Summit X 670 and have allways used the Bombardier mineral oil. Our local dealer has stoped selling the bulk oil this year. With the CT sale of the Shell Advance a change. Does anyone use this oil? Can I use the synthetic or should I stick with the mineral? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance…

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I hate to beat an old horse to the ground but I am thinking of switching injector oil brands. I have a 1998 Summit X 670 and have allways used the Bombardier mineral oil. Our local dealer has stoped selling the bulk oil this year. With the CT sale of the Shell Advance a change. Does anyone use this oil? Can I use the synthetic or should I stick with the mineral? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance…[/b]
use what you want. I use amsoil. yes you can run synthetic

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
The short answer is yes you can and yes I would if I were you. If you can get a good deal on a premium synthetic go for it.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Bombardier mineral oil is Castrol just diferent tint

Crappy Tire sale is good I am still debating on going Regular or Synthetic Shell

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
After tearing down many 2 cycle sled, boat, bike and ultra lite engines run on pure synthetic oil, I have to contend that synthetic gets the nod. Most of these were high milers needing a refresh and to my surprise most could have continued service with minimal wear showing. Mineral oil is close and good enough for everyday useage but the circles I ride with need the added insurance of high quality synthetic.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
17,000+km on Castrol and still 140psi each side no rebuilds

·
4,440 Posts
17,000+km on Castrol and still 140psi each side no rebuilds[/b]
any leakage?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
?

like what

I clean the valves each end of season with minimal carbon

Unlike my pig rich Cat

·
4,440 Posts
have you done a leakdown check on it. granted most of the time you see 140 psi its good. but I prefer the leakdown check. there is a topic on the forums .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts